[WINDOWS] HOW-TO launch Blu-ray Disc (HDD) backups with menus using External Player
The latest Dharma betas play unencrypted backups of Blu-Ray folders on your disk drive as long as you name the folder with the name of the movie and it contains the BDMV and Certificate folders:

|
\ BDMV
\ CERTIFICATE

and the BDMV folder contains all the other folders AUXDATA, BDJO, META, PLAYLIST, BACKUP, CLIPINF, JAR, STREAM and these two index files: MovieObject.bdmv and index.bdmv which XBMC uses to parse out the movie and play it.
Philmatic Wrote:The latest Dharma betas play unencrypted backups of Blu-Ray folders on your disk drive as long as you name the folder with the name of the movie and it contains the BDMV and Certificate folders

Can you please explain how to play the blu-ray directory? I try playing MovieObject.bdmv or index.bdmv, but neither will play.

EDIT: Also, will this work on Linux?
Hi,

I performed the same trick as the people before, I just used Daemon Tools Lite (which is the one I prefer). I did not install the 'advanced driver', the basic driver is sufficient for mounting Blu Rays.

C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playercorefactory.xml:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="TMTMCEPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe</filename>
    <args>"D:"</args>
      <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
    <player name="ISO-TMTMCEPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>c:\mountit.bat</filename>
    <args>"{1}"</args>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="TMTMCEPlayer"/>
    <rule name="Blu-Ray-ISO" filetypes="iso" filename=".*BluRays.*iso" player="ISO-TMTMCEPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
c:\mountit.bat
Code:
@ECHO OFF
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0,%1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe" e:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0

The rules are as follows:

If it's a Blu Ray (protocol="bd") then play it with TMT3's uMCEDVDPlayer.exe

If it's an iso file with the BluRays in the pathname (or filename): (filename="*.*BluRays.*iso) then mount it to the e-drive using the c:\mountit.bat file and play it with TMT3 (also in the batfile)

I hope this helps someone :-)
I did everything in the 1st post and it works great except when XBMC restarts after I close TotalMediaTheater, it opens with the default theme instead on AEON. Is there any way to fix this?
Before I start configuring this, TMT 5 (this guide is for TMT3) does not play index.bdmv. It just starts TMT but it doesnt play anything. Is there anyway around this?
ekon Wrote:Before I start configuring this, TMT 5 (this guide is for TMT3) does not play index.bdmv. It just starts TMT but it doesnt play anything. Is there anyway around this?

I've got a working config for playing BD folder rips in TMT5. The trick is that you need to pass a folder name instead of index.bdmv (TMT5 seems to ignore index.bdmv), which is done via a cmd script:
Code:
"c:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uLaunchTMT5.exe" %~dp1
exit
The playercorefactory.xml is simple:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- the path to a cmd script - you can change to your own -->
     <filename>c:\Users\Roman\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\bd.cmd</filename>
     <args>"{1}"</args>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="bdmv" player="TMT5"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Don't forget to launch TMT5 and check "auto full screen" and "always on top" options.
One of the issues I've noticed that sometimes XBMC steals key focus. And you need to close TMT5 manually. Apart from that it works.
I'm not sure but you may also need a virtual BD drive from Daemon tools lite in your system.

UPD: I've found out that TMT5 MCE plug-in better suits here. For that you need to create a shortcut to the file "uMCEPlayer5.exe" and set "maximized" in its properties. Then use this shortcut to open BD folders. So the bd.cmd file for XBMC should be the following:
Code:
"c:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.lnk" %~dp1
exit
Now it works almost perfect.Smile
i might be going a little crazy here but...i've used method posted by roman on 3 separate machines and it works perfectly on 2 of them...the system that doesnt work will load the tmt5 player and it just sits at the blue screen tmt5 screen...nothing...im running the movies with the umceplayer5

im starting to wonder if windows 7 service pack 1 has anything to do with this...the reason im suspicious is-you guessed it-the 2 working systems are running pre-7 sp1...the machine that wont work is win7 sp1...all are x64 systems....and i also am almost positive xbmc has nothing to do with this...if i copy the cmd file to the \bdmv\ folder of any bd structure and run bd index.bdmv....the movie immediately loads and plays on the 2 non sp1 systems and doesnt load on the sp1 machine....i've had a long week and dont want to rack my brain over this seemingly small issue...if someone could point out something totally obvious i would be grateful....thanks guys (great job w the scripts roman)

*edit...meant to add...all 3 systems are running the 50187 version of tmt5 and have the hotfix applied
got it working...a clean install did the trick
Thank you that helped me a lot
I'll try to play BR-folders with TMT3. The path in de cmd-box shows ...\bdmv\backup, so I get the error unsupported in TMT3. How can I change that the path is \BDMV\ so it can find the right index.bdmv

My PlayFolder.bat:

"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe" %~dp1
exit

ISO works fine, thats not an issue.
Manipulate the %~dp1 first. It would then look like this

set str=%~dp1
set str=%str:\backup=%
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe" %str
exit

I needed to do the same because TMT5 wil only play from one folder up from \bdmv.
So I needed to to strip \BDMV.
Bi0hazz Wrote:Manipulate the %~dp1 first. It would then look like this

set str=%~dp1
set str=%str:\backup=%
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe" %str
exit

I needed to do the same because TMT5 wil only play from one folder up from \bdmv.
So I needed to to strip \BDMV.

TMT 5 will indeed NOT play from the BDMV folder; but will do so from the folder up. See my solution:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=911...tcount=105

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO launch Blu-ray Disc (HDD) backups with menus using External Player1