• 2(current)
Surface - a new skin for XBMC in development
Oh a proposal?!

I hear the sound of bells, and the combination of two forces combined? Wink
Oh happy days... lol
I like the approach of only showing an icon for the selected item and using text for the rest. It looks a bit more simplistic, less cluttered.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
phyek Wrote:This is a skin based on the design that I created for Xperience. Due to creative differences, I decided to step away a few months back from that project and pursue my own version with Minimalko. Thus far, progress has been slow but great. Here's the home screen to start things off:

Hello, where can I look at the Xperience XBMC skin for my download? Can you help me I will necessarily have this skin. It is very nice. Thank you :-)

:laugh:
Viona24 Wrote:Laugh
It's not available yet.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Seriously if everyone keeps posting the same thing twice in this and the Xperience thread I'm just going to merge them and be done with it
To those that are confused, this is not xperience. Beyond the two structurally similar screens (home and movie view...where I left off), it is different, especially in craft and execution. To those that pay attention to the details, you'll understand. Lastly, it's beyond the mockup stage and has been in development for several months.
Jezz_X Wrote:Seriously if everyone keeps posting the same thing twice in this and the Xperience thread I'm just going to merge them and be done with it
I hope your not on about my comments? as i am only trying to answer users questions?
phyek Wrote:To those that are confused, this is not xperience. Beyond the two structurally similar screens (home and movie view...where I left off), it is different, especially in craft and execution. To those that pay attention to the details, you'll understand. Lastly, it's beyond the mockup stage and has been in development for several months.
sounds good should go smoothly with djh's help and auriga should also benefit from your graphics skills good luck with both projectsSmile
kobe Wrote:I sincerely hope that you one day code the other skin concept you made.I know that many people loved the mockups and would really like the skin to come to life.

But good luck on this one and i'll definitely keep an eye on the progress Smile

Skin Concept has my vote too....I'd really love that to be develloped further. On the other hand.....i'm also eager to see what's coming a.t.m.
kobe Wrote:I sincerely hope that you one day code the other skin concept you made.I know that many people loved the mockups and would really like the skin to come to life.

But good luck on this one and i'll definitely keep an eye on the progress Smile

AGREED!

Now, Those Concepts are something NEW! I Mean, Something NEW! Not something that is... Not new. We've only seen one screenshot of your "surface" but that, and the history with the xperience project, both claim that it will be similar to Xperience. And both are inspired by a GUI from Microsoft, One that I've been using a lot, and doesn't even work that well. All in all: it's not new. Laugh And I remember seeing the concepts Kobe is referring to. That was a "WOW" and goosebumps on places you don't wanna know. Wink
So, Wouldn't it be interesting for all those involved, from creator, co-creator, ex-partner to audience to users, to create something "NEW"?

Just my thoughts. I Know you all work hard on something, I don't wanna step on something that doesn't belong to me.
Joy In Repitition
phyek Wrote:To those that are confused, this is not xperience. Beyond the two structurally similar screens (home and movie view...where I left off), it is different, especially in craft and execution. To those that pay attention to the details, you'll understand. Lastly, it's beyond the mockup stage and has been in development for several months.

Didn't see this one. I Pay attention to detail.
So i'm.... Intreeeked. (Dunno how to spell it, so it's fonetic... Damit!)

Never mind my other post here... Well do mind it off course. You're other concepts are still far more interesting I think. Rofl
Joy In Repitition
Batemann, I think those "goosebumps on places you don't wanna know" are not normal and should be examined by a doctor. Also I think someone has some explaining to do as to how they gave them to you Smile
smack Wrote:Batemann, I think those "goosebumps on places you don't wanna know" are not normal and should be examined by a doctor. Also I think someone has some explaining to do as to how they gave them to you Smile

You mean.... no you don't mean that... do you? There? I was talking about my back. You're just... nasty... Laugh
Joy In Repitition
smack Wrote:Batemann, I think those "goosebumps on places you don't wanna know" are not normal and should be examined by a doctor. Also I think someone has some explaining to do as to how they gave them to you Smile
And if all else fails try the VetLaugh
redtapemedia Wrote:Looks good, but I agree about the two skin concepts being similiar.

I'd much prefer you work on this:

No offense intended but I REALLY love your concept work on that. Laugh

While I really like the textures you came up with for Xperience I can't help but feel like maybe it's a duplication of effort. Perhaps an alternate texture pack for Xperience when it's done? Up to you obviously, and I must reiterate I love the work done by both yourself and Ancarthur.

Go with this one that design is sweet. Feels a bit like aeon at the moment but I'm sure with enough time put in to it this could be an amazing theme.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surface - a new skin for XBMC in development5