Streaming Problem
Hi guys, i searched the forum but couldn't find the solution so maybe you guys can help me...

Situation:
I'm running XBMC from my Vista Ultimate PC...
It worked like a dream while watching vids from local hard drives...
Now I pulled out all my HD's and i've put them in my new server (XP SP2)
Gave them all fixed IP's...
First problem was that i couldn't get the server into my smb...
Well i got them in an smb, but xblc just couldn't get onto my smb (got error.... share not avaible)...
Well i solved that problem by manually giving in ip and HD f.e. smb://192.168.1.149/Series 1/
That works, no problem...
But now my problem...
When i now start watching videos (streaming from my server), the vid just stops after a couple minutes... The vid stops and it returns my to my xbmc browser from that map...
Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
Is it buffering problem??
I got no more clue...

BTW: when i watch with fe windows mediaplayer/ mediacenter/ mediaportal , there's no problem but i want to use XBMC
Welcome to the forums.

If you want help, then read this and get back to us with the recommended information: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
The debug log is the most important thing.
1. version atlantis 8.10
2. Client: Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 ; Server Windows XP SP2
3. Client: Intel Core 2 6420
4. 4 Gig Ram (3.2 to be exact)
5. Graphic: Asus Geforce 8800 GTS
6. Sound: Sound Blaster Live 2 ZS
8. XBMC Revision ==> 8.10 Atlantis
9. Just play a movie over network and it quits after short while (see description above)
10. FULL Debug Log (Please use your favorite paste site! See below.) << NOT OPTIONAL !
11. MediaInfo output ( goggle mediainfo for where to obtain it for your platform)
You need to upgrade past 8.10. Either use the 9.04 or one of the SVN builds in the third-party build thread. 8.10 had some SMB issues if I recall correctly. The workaround was to map the share as a network drive in windows. It is fixed in newer versions.
I'll give it a shot...
BTW debug log: http://pastebin.com/m7b7f43fa

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming Problem0