DVD Playback crashes on title menu
Question 
Hi,

I've been putting together a minimal install of XBMC mostly as a trial to see whether I want to swap from using windows to linux for my HTPC.

I recently managed to get my audio playback working (passthrough via SPDIF), but having done that I now find myself unable to play DVDs (I was able to yesterday with no sound, but I should add that since then I have rebuilt the machine). The DVD will start, happily play any adverts at the beginning of a DVD but on reaching the menu, artefacts are generated on screen and the player crashes out to the home screen (putting in skip to menu causes the crash to home to happen instantly).

I'm currently running Ubuntu Jaunty (build following the minimal instructions w. nvidia graphics). The way I got the sound working was to compile the 1.0.20 alsa release, this has been the only change to the system following a 100% clean install this evening.

My system spec is below in the sig (though of course, not running windows anymore). I'm not able to post the xbmc.log at the moment, but will post them sometime tomorrow when I will have time to pull them off the box. I realise that this makes this one of those annoying not useful posts (sorry althekiller), but I'm hoping that this is something that's been seen before and has a simple answer (though having searched in the forums I couldn't find anything related)
Please ignore the specs in my sig, just noticed how out of date they are :oo:

XBMC 10.5 r31718 (Compiled) + Transparency! 3.06, Ubuntu Minimal Server 9.11 Karmic (2.6.31-22-generic)

Asus AT3N7A-I ION Motherboard, Intel Atom 330, 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800), GeForce 8300 mGPU (Built-in), 320 GB Fujitsu MHZ2320BH Notebook 2.5" SATA, LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray & HD-ROM, PicoPSU 120W Red
Hmm,

No need to post a log after all, seems to be fixed having fiddled with the video settings.

I seem to have to run the screen at 1280x720 with the vertical blank sync enabled during playback.

Thing is the TV reports it's still getting a 1080i signal ... of well, it runs at least Laugh
Please ignore the specs in my sig, just noticed how out of date they are :oo:

XBMC 10.5 r31718 (Compiled) + Transparency! 3.06, Ubuntu Minimal Server 9.11 Karmic (2.6.31-22-generic)

Asus AT3N7A-I ION Motherboard, Intel Atom 330, 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800), GeForce 8300 mGPU (Built-in), 320 GB Fujitsu MHZ2320BH Notebook 2.5" SATA, LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray & HD-ROM, PicoPSU 120W Red

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Playback crashes on title menu0