Plugin started event and name of currently running Plugin
Is there any method of getting a callback when a plugin has been activated as well as the name of that plugin from a script?
AFAIK there is no API for this but when a plugin is started the log file will tell you, you could read it every x seconds or so...

I'm curious about what you're trying to achieve with that Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Currently I start a script manually to start a US VPN or a UK VPN depending on the plugin I wanted to run next. I was looking to automate it based on script name. I did not really want to go the log file route but looks like I may have to. The other alternative is to modify each plugin to call the script (which I really dont want to do)
Modifying the plugin would be much better than monitoring the log file IMHO.

Alternatively you could make a plugin-launcher of sorts so you wouldn't have to modify the plugin every time you update. Of course that is just as hacky as all the other solutions...

Of course there may still be an elegant way of achieving this, I just can't think of anything.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Yeah modding the plug-in would be better but I did not want to do that as I would have to mod it every-time it gets updated (not that a one liner is that big a deal :-) )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plugin started event and name of currently running Plugin0