windows 7 taskbar issue
Derek Wrote:What i do is start XBMC from a batch file via Eventghost hotkey and it dosent have a problem with the taskbar, if you want more details just ask.
So does it autostart when you start Windows? If so, yes, I'd like more details please Smile
I'm also having the same issue and it's not due to the taskbar loading up after XBMC.. the taskbar is essentially part of the shell which all loads up prior to any apps.

I've tried this on 2 systems which have Windows 7 and they both do the same thing. Loading XBMC in fullscreen after logging in for the first time and having the taskbar stay ontop untill you click inside XBMC.
I dont think its anything to do with the taskbar specificaly after looking at it. XBMC just looks like its not entirly in fullscreen but only after you click inside of it.

Again the only way you can see this happening is if you have XBMC autoload at boot and dont touch anything. I cant find any cure to this other than using a different shell.
Did more tweaking and cant seem to find any solution yet.
noone?
Using Eventghost I simulate a left click in the top right corner (left would be good as well), thus bringing focus to XBMC once it's loaded.
I had the same problem that sometimes the taskbar was over XBMC altough it was started in fullscreen. It doesn't happen to me at startup but more often when I restart XBMC. I have an EventGhost action that kills and restarts XBMC when it hangs. Now at a restart the taskbar usually got in the way and I had to reach for my keyboard to give it the focus, pretty annoying.

Did some searches for Taskbar problems in Windows 7 and came across this post:

http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/540/

I changed the following key: ForegroundLockTimeout and set it to 0. I haven't had the problem for three days now. Of course that's no guarantee it actually works, but for now it does seem to help.

Remco
Ive done that registry edit and it still doesnt work. The desktop still goes over xbmc as I see xbmc sit in the background. I still have to Alt-Tab to bring xbmc into focus which it then goes into fullscreen.
OblivionLord Wrote:Ive done that registry edit and it still doesnt work. The desktop still goes over xbmc as I see xbmc sit in the background. I still have to Alt-Tab to bring xbmc into focus which it then goes into fullscreen.

In the past I've use an app called DelayedExec to control the order of start up items and add a time delay if needed. It may be just what you're looking for to delay XBMC starting until the shell has finished doing its stuff.
ASUS M4A785D-M Pro
AMD Phenom II X2 550, (unleashed 4 cores @ 3.2Ghz)
4GB RAM.
ATI Sapphire HD4850 512Mb.
Windows 7 64bit Enterprise Edition.

All media is served over Gigabyte LAN.
well that fixed it. Hope anyone that reads this should know that app is good.
You don't need to use an extra program to delay the start of XBMC:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...seconds.3F
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Go to "SYSTEM" -> "SYSTEM" -> "VIDEO OUTPUT" -> turn to disabled "Use a full screen window rather than true fullscreen"
You don't need 3rd party software to delay the startup of a program in W7. Use the built in task scheduler: Start>Search>Task Scheduler . Then "Create a Basic Task", it will walk you through the steps (very easy). When you are done, double click your Task and go to the "Triggers" tab edit your trigger. Set delay to 30 secs, work your way down until you hit the point where it loads just after everything else.
just press the key beside the left shift and before the z this worked for me or the key before the rt shift

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
windows 7 taskbar issue1