OSX Lion with Harmony Remote woes
I have the previous gen Mac mini (server edition) with regular OSX lion installed. My previous setup was just regular snow leopard with Xbmc installed and I only use it as a HTPC. I installed lion because I want to use my second disk in there as a network backup for my other macs with encryption. Before mylogitech harmony remote worked perfectly configured for the Mac with all the buttons in the right place. Now with lion all the buttons still work, but about every other key press is stolen it seems and changes the volume settings on the Mac. I have the harmony 650, And have played around with all the input settings I can find and all the remote setting I can find on the Mac.

Does anyone have any ideas or experiences since upgrading? I am running the latest stable release 10.1

Thanks
i have the same problem - since lion the system isn't at all stable

i have removed itunes (this seemed to be what was causing it)

turned off saved state (read only the save state folder) - it was causing crashes on restarts
I upgraded to Lion on my iMac and Harmony One remote still working fine. Also no instability on XBMC after the update, I'm using latest nightly build.
For the Harmony One I used the setup very well described in this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55660
ImageImage
Does the harmony remote wake up your imac from sleep when you push a button?

It doesn't work to wake the Mac Mini anymore. Curious if it does the same thing on the iMac.
BDPNA Wrote:Does the harmony remote wake up your imac from sleep when you push a button?

It doesn't work to wake the Mac Mini anymore. Curious if it does the same thing on the iMac.

The same here, it doesn't wake up when from sleep mode. When in sleep mode, when I start XBMC from Harmony it keeps in sleep mode, when I come back from sleep mode through the mouse or keyboard I can see an error window from XBMC or a window with this message:

The application “XBMC” unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows. Do you want to try to restore its windows again?

If I choose restore then XBMC opens, but I'm not able to press this window button through harmony and not even see this window as it appears when the screen is turned off.
ImageImage
"The application “XBMC” unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows. Do you want to try to restore its windows again?"

Then there will be a crashreporter log and that is something we would want to see (http://www.pastebin.com it).
davilla, this is the OSX report related to the wake up from sleep mode issue:
http://pastebin.com/Yk9VWW1H

It happens in this situation: OSX is in sleep mode and then I press in Harmony One the button that opens XBMC; OSX keeps in sleep mode, when back from sleep mode through keyboard or mouse there's an error window in OSX with the report above.

As this is not the issue originally discussed in this topic, let me know if it would be better to paste it in other topic.

thanks.
ImageImage
@AlessandroSS, are you running multiple displays ? The crash is in a section of code that is probing displays.

I've committed 58fce2e8f36f2deaace84bba1ebabbf365a5debb which will stop the crash.
davilla Wrote:@AlessandroSS, are you running multiple displays ? The crash is in a section of code that is probing displays.
Yes, I'm running multiple displays, XBMC is on second display, a TV connected through iMac's mini display-port with a HDMI adapter.

davilla Wrote:I've committed 58fce2e8f36f2deaace84bba1ebabbf365a5debb which will stop the crash.
Huh Should I change any setting here?
ImageImage
AlessandroSS Wrote:Yes, I'm running multiple displays, XBMC is on second display, a TV connected through iMac's mini display-port with a HDMI adapter.

Huh Should I change any setting here?

no.

what I see is the code got the number of displays correct but
CFDictionaryRef mode = CGDisplayCurrentMode( GetDisplayID(i) );

returned null for mode. not sure why.
Davilla,

Do any of the newer builds have this fix in there yet? I can confirm that my Harmony still won't wake the Mac Mini from sleep under Lion like it used to, using 11/14 build.

I am using a single TV display connected via mini display port to HDMI out (into AV receiver, then out to TV).
BDPNA Wrote:Davilla,

Do any of the newer builds have this fix in there yet? I can confirm that my Harmony still won't wake the Mac Mini from sleep under Lion like it used to, using 11/14 build.

I am using a single TV display connected via mini display port to HDMI out (into AV receiver, then out to TV).

I installed the Nov 15th nightly build and noticed that some work has been done on that, the error does not appear anymore. But still doesn't wake OSX from sleep and when it comes back through mouse or keyboard I notice that XBMC opened in my main display, not the second as it was configured. Then I restart XBMC and it goes to the second display.
ImageImage
I'm just happy to see the devs working towards a solution.

My thought is that the Lion sound bug needs to be worked out by Apple (hopefully) but the remote wake bug is something they can do with the XBMCHelper app that hopefully can figure out the remote wake.

Fingers crossed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX Lion with Harmony Remote woes0