Found a really cheap HP USB IR Receiver for sale, will it work with XBMC?
Question 
HI

i was wondering if this would work. it states that its RC6 IR remotes compatible just like the mce remotes and receiver

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...0344913543

thanks
I have 2 or 3 of those myself, work great under Linux with the MCE2 driver if I recall (I can't speak for them other OSes). I'm presently using them w/a MCE remote and a DirectTivo remote (had to modify the lirc config myself for the later). I haven't run into a universal remote that won't work w/these & LIRC.

They also have a couple of plugs for IR LEDs out the back, if your into controlling other boxes from you PC.

They work great. I got mine for $5/each at the comp usa liquidation so $13 looks expensive to me Wink .

-Rupert
Anyone know if that would work with a Harmony 550 inside XBMC?
I was wondering the samething, will these HP ir recievers work with the harmony remote for controlling xbmc?
Seeing as MCE remotes work great with XBMC and rupert said it works with an MCE remote, and my Harmony is set up as an MCE remote, via the transitive property I believe it should work.
I ended up buying one of these USB receivers to replace the Hauppague PVR150 I had been using just for its remote.

It works with the lirc lirc_mceusb driver with no problems, with the Harmony set to Microsoft Windows Media Center configuration.

Just because I am lazy and didn't want to fixup the parts of lircmap that had different names, I decided to just use the same lircd.conf from the PVR150 and leave my Harmony set up as a PVR150 device. Good news, it worked too, which surprised me because the PVR150 is a RC5 remote and the MCE is an RC6.

It also had an LED on it that blinks any time I press a button on any remote I own, so I assume this will "catch" any remote code you throw at it.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Does anyone know if this remote can wake the computer from S3 sleep?
Got this IR-reciever yesterday for my coming Asus pundit barebone.

Plugged it in to my office machine running Windows 7 for testing. Programmed my Harmony 555 as a Windows Media Center Keyboard (not remote. was recommended somewhere). Mapped XBMCConfused keyboard keys to the remote in the Logitech Software ("p" as play, space as pause, "x" as stop and so on). Works great!

Power off puts the computer to sleep and power on wakes it up (Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 motherboard)

Works like intended for me!
rupert Wrote:They also have a couple of plugs for IR LEDs out the back, if your into controlling other boxes from you PC.
-Rupert

I don't understand what the purpose of the IR emitter is? Controlling other boxes? What does that mean?
Four years later, I would need to know specifications of the usb ir receiver in object, since I want to buy a universal (e.g., rc-5 or rc-6) receiver as well.

Anybody who originally posted here is listening, please?
Or anybody having indications for cheap universal usb ir receiver?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Found a really cheap HP USB IR Receiver for sale, will it work with XBMC?0