• 16(current)
Win HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost
(2013-01-21, 01:40)Smitty2k1 Wrote: I finally got myself a real Microsoft IR receiver and this guide works great with a few exceptions:

The "prev" button in the OP is assigned to "comma". It should be assigned to "backspace"

As some other users mentioned, for whatever reason the "comma" does not send a comma. In my case it sent a "less than" symbol (<). I went into the Harmony and instead set it up to send a "semi colon" and did a keymap.xml to remap it to "comma". However, I thought this should be skipping back in a video file by 30sec. Instead, it skips back to the beginning of a video file.

In addition, I took my four colored buttons *red green yellow blue" and assigned them to "sub titles on/off", "next subtitle", "teletext", and "full screen". I think I'll get some use out of those!

What is everyone else doing for useful activity specific buttons? I'm thinking an "alt tab" and "alt f4" might be nice to have. Possibly save me from reaching from the keyboard from time to time.

Thanks for the guide (and the update to the guide!)

I'm actually going through the same setup process right now. On the skip back > beginning of the file, I believe the 30 second skip back is mapped to direction left. If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind sharing your keymap.xml? Thanks for figuring out these additional changes!

And many thanks to the OP for the guide!
(2013-01-11, 20:08)Yukonhijack Wrote:
(2013-01-11, 14:56)zag Wrote: Change the windows settings in power options so that when the sleep buttton is pressed it shuts down.

I tried that but I do not get the option to shut down when the sleep is pressed. I have the option to shutdown when the power button is pressed (which I selected), but no shutdown option is available under the sleep setting. I am using Windows 8 Pro if that matters.

Alright, after messing with this issue for a long time, I finally uninstalled Frodo RC3 (it froze and then all my movies were missing), uninstalled the CustomRegis software that I had installed, and reinstalled Frodo final release. Now, when I press the power button on my Harmony One, the computer turns off! I have no idea why, but I am using a fresh install of Frodo final and Aeon Nox 4 skin with my ASRock Mobo/ASRock Smart Remote Dongle, and Win8 Pro. I am now pretty happy with this setup.
(2013-01-17, 11:11)hars73 Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 11:35)VBMC Wrote: It took me the whole night to find a solution, so this should definitely be added to the OP:

By the way, you must use an RC6 receiver! This is not yet mentioned in this thread.

SadProblem:
The backlight of your Plasma or LCD interferes with your IR receiver.
If your TV backlight disturbs your IR receiver you will encounter the following problems:
  • key presses are not detected
  • key presses are detected one, two or many many many times
  • the reception LED of your receiver (if present on your model) is always on or flickering all the time

Hint: The best way to test the remote is by using a text editor to visualize the input from your remote.

BlushSolution:
Luckily the solution is very simple.
I wrapped the whole receiver in aluminum foil. (not pretty but effective)
Then I made a tiny hole in it and made it step wise bigger until the receiver receipted again the signal of my remote.
(May be testing other receivers is a solution too, but more expensive.)
Now it works really flawlessly. Every key press is recognized immediately.

Hope this will help some of you.
(2009-07-11, 20:31)atiinola Wrote: Original Post

Step 4 - Optimizing Remote speed

Devices >> Media Center PC >> Settings >> Adjust the Delays (speed settings)
0/1000/500

Devices >> Media Center PC >> troubleshooting >> My Media Center PC is responding too slowly

Devices >> Media Center PC >> troubleshooting >> My Media Center PC responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally.

For me these values work:

Devices >> Media Center PC >> Settings >> Adjust the Delays (speed settings)
0/100/500 (100 and 500 are the default values)

Devices >> Media Center PC >> troubleshooting >> My Media Center PC is responding too slowly
100 (this is the same setting as the 100 above, it is not possible to have different values here and there)

Devices >> Media Center PC >> troubleshooting >> My Media Center PC responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally.
0 (0 is definitely the right choice)

I have the same problem as you described. Key presses that are not detected and sometimes they are detected one time and sometimes they are executed twice.
I also see the led on my HP receiver flickers and sometimes stays on longer periods. I have got a Panasonic Plasma.

After some testing it seems the original HP remote also has the problem, but not as often as the Harmony.

Haven't been able to fix this for now, whatever I try, even when wrapping it in aluminium foil.
You mention 'Devices >> Media Center PC >> Settings >> Adjust the Delays (speed settings)' and tell 3 values. But in my Harmony software (Harmony 555) there are 4 values:
a. Power on delay
b. Inter-key delay
c. Input delay
d. Inter device delay

What are your settings for all these 4 values?

I really hope I can fix this problem, because it's not fun now to use my remote.

I would like to know this too. What are the delays supposed to be? I also have four settings, but there are only three discussed in the OP. Anyone have any insight?
I have just followed this guide and found it was perfect apart from one problem.
I didn't read it properly the first time. Blush
I'm using an RC6-Receiver and followed this guide, but on my XBMCbuntu it doesn't seem to work.

Who may help me?

Edit: When I use "Media Center SE" instead of "Media Center Keyboard" I can use the remote, but then I can't send a "c" for context menu for example.
KODI: 18 (latest on Google Play) with Emby-Addon
Skin: Estuary
Database: Emby Server Docker (linuxserver.io) on Synology DS1019+
Hardware: Nvidia Shield TV 2017
Video/Sound: via HDMI and Yamaha RX-V685 on Philips 55OLED804
Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate
Hi all,
New to xbmc, but I'm set up in Transparency. Everything is going OK. I have a Harmony 700 and I set it up like the set up from page 1 and it doesn't work at all. My keyboard is an Odessa. Any advice? do I have to learn it?Huh[/align]
This is an extremely noob question, but am I able to turn my pc on with this setup?
(2013-03-20, 02:21)WombatMustache Wrote: This is an extremely noob question, but am I able to turn my pc on with this setup?

Its not actually very easy at all. The only way I found out how to do this was by putting the pc into suspend mode.
This is indeed actually a very complex topic - it highly depends on the setup used and especially on the used IR-Receiver.
In my setup, the IR-Receiver (or the remote) is being registered as a standard keyboard. I was able to turn USB-PowerOn on in my BIOS and I can turn on my PC with either my remote or the keyboard.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2013-03-28, 22:51)HenryFord Wrote: This is indeed actually a very complex topic - it highly depends on the setup used and especially on the used IR-Receiver.
In my setup, the IR-Receiver (or the remote) is being registered as a standard keyboard. I was able to turn USB-PowerOn on in my BIOS and I can turn on my PC with either my remote or the keyboard.
Same here,
I have the ASROCK mobo that can pull it off and it turns on when I turn 'on' my MCE keyboard.
The only thing that does not work is shutting down.
If I push the power button, everything shuts down but my XBMC keeps running
I finally did it, here is my Harmony 900 wake from s5 and shutdown guide:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1399959
Thanx for the guide.

Will try tonight.
Hello to all and thanks to the developers and community for all of the great information. I have had moderate success with this setup guide, however, it is not functioning completely as of yet. I have purchased a Logitech Harmony Ultimate and I am still tinkering with all of this given the fact that the Harmony Ultimate uses the new MyHarmony website for setup. I have tried searching for information on the Harmony Ultimate with XBMC, but there is very little information on this topic as of yet. Has anyone had success with this setup on a Logitech Harmony Ultimate?
Yes working here without any problem.
I use a mce receiver with the reg patch for extra options.
And setup it up as a mce remote.
Also have added mce keyboard for some extra functions I wanted.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
TRaSH...thanks for the reply. I am not familiar with the REG patch, will you please direct me to where I can find it as well as explain your setup in detail. I have not had a Harmony remote since the 880, so I am a bit out of touch with the new functions of MyHarmony. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost4