• 10(current)
Win HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost
Good to hear. I just ordered one of these as well. 5 days to ship from Hong Kong is impressive, I am hoping mine arrives soon.
waverz Wrote:Good to hear. I just ordered one of these as well. 5 days to ship from Hong Kong is impressive, I am hoping mine arrives soon.

Be aware all of you! 5 days shipping means time frame between payment registration and shipping. You have to count additional days for delivery. In my case (Europe) was 22 days (2 days shipping + 22 days delivery = 27 days total).

But anyhow it's worth waiting Big Grin
This seems like a great way of setting up a Harmony but I can't get the shortcut key working on Win7 x86. I tried F7, F8, F9 but no luck. I tried Ctrl-Alt with those keys but it may open XBMC once out of every 10 tries. Are there any other options to start XBMC?
Brad P Wrote:This seems like a great way of setting up a Harmony but I can't get the shortcut key working on Win7 x86. I tried F7, F8, F9 but no luck. I tried Ctrl-Alt with those keys but it may open XBMC once out of every 10 tries. Are there any other options to start XBMC?

This is what I did.... http://inchoatethoughts.com/launching-xb...ter-remote .
I got my "New Linksys MCE Remote Controll + HP Receiver XP WIN7" today. I can;t seem to get ANY keyboard commands to work using XBMC 9.11 Live.

Yes, I do have "use keyboard commands" option selected.

So I'm sort of bummed, all I want is to be able to add subtitle toggle and codec info to my current setup.
I set this up with my main HTPC running Windows and XBMC for Windows and it works well. Also, I have Acer Revo that has Live installed on it, and I would love to be able to use the same programming for both of my Harmony remotes. Does any one know if this would work with Live as well?
I am so angry. I ordered the "New Linksys MCE Remote Controll + HP Receiver XP WIN7" off ebay like this thread suggested. I then waited 3 weeks for it to arrive. Unfortunately, when it did arrive, it's not the HP receiver pictured in the ad. I received P/N OVU4003/00 which is the Phillips/Dell IR receiver and apparently this unit doesn't work like the HP one because it doesn't react to the keyboard codes sent by my Harmony remote.

Now I have to figure out how to return this to Hong Kong and get the correct item. <sigh>

Anybody know where I can buy one of these in the good 'ol USA?
I cant seem to get this to work as well as i would like to:

Im running the installed live version with a harmony one and while i have gotten most items to work correctly i cant get the back key to work on anything other than a soft key and i cant get FF,RW and the skips to work either even though i have mapped the buttons to the ones that the MCE remote uses via learn IR function.

I got some crappy mediagate remote from microcenter but it works perfect, i just cant get all the buttons to work correctly using the damn harmony.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with my Harmony 515 and my Asrock HTPC with XBMC installed (Windows).

When I initially set it up ages ago it worked a treat, but one day suddenly some functions ceased to work (direction arrows, OK etc. worked, but volume didn't, for example). I tried correcting it, and my keymap hasn't changed, so today I went into the Logitech software and thought I'd erase the settings and start from scratch.

Bad idea... When I now try to add the remote as an MCE Keyboard, I get this screen which I never saw before:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7518/cap1da.jpg

and when I click the more info link:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2883/cap2p.jpg

Have Logitech revised things so this doesn't work any more, or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be great!
I just tried this with a harmony one..
God, the harmony line are terrible, they are so damn slow.
The lag between commands is terrible, comparing it to the ms mce remote its shocking. Scrolling down through a list you sit there for a few seconds waiting for the remote to catch up... and I thought event ghost was bad...

I would definitely not recommend the harmony to anyone if you are thinking of getting one.

(search for harmony delay on youtube you will see what i mean)
Kilack Wrote:I just tried this with a harmony one..
God, the harmony line are terrible, they are so damn slow.
The lag between commands is terrible, comparing it to the ms mce remote its shocking. Scrolling down through a list you sit there for a few seconds waiting for the remote to catch up... and I thought event ghost was bad...

I would definitely not recommend the harmony to anyone if you are thinking of getting one.

(search for harmony delay on youtube you will see what i mean)

I've been using a Harmony 600 and it works perfectly with XBMC, it's very customisable and there's no lag whatsoever. Very easy to setup.
Frodo 12.2 : Win8 x64 : ASUS P8H77-M : i3-3225 : Scythe Shuriken Revb : 8Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 : ASUS HD6570 : Samsung Blu-ray SH-B083L : Lian-Li PC-C37B Muse : Corsair TX650 PSU : HP MCE IR receiver : Harmony 600 : Yamaha RX-V471 : Cambridge Audio Minx 20 x 5 & Minx x300 Sub x 1
douver Wrote:I've been using a Harmony 600 and it works perfectly with XBMC, it's very customisable and there's no lag whatsoever. Very easy to setup.

Since I've tried 4 different remotes now and have concluded that the Harmony lag problem isn't solvable I have some questions, if you'd oblige:

1. What is your OS?
2. What IR receiver are you using?
3. What remote is your Harmony emulating?
4. Are you using Event Ghost?
5. Do you have any other remotes to compare the lag to?

thanks for any input
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
rausch101 Wrote:Since I've tried 4 different remotes now and have concluded that the Harmony lag problem isn't solvable I have some questions, if you'd oblige:

1. What is your OS?
2. What IR receiver are you using?
3. What remote is your Harmony emulating?
4. Are you using Event Ghost?
5. Do you have any other remotes to compare the lag to?

thanks for any input

1. Win7 x64
2. I'm using a HP media center receiver the same as this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-MEDIA-CENTER-IR-R...1c15516b55

It was a bargain at $20 incl delivery.

3. Using the Harmony remote software 7.7.0 the remote is setup to control a 'microsoft media center pc'. I just followed this guide exactly:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77519&page=3

4. Did try Eventghost with the HP remote until I got the Harmony (which was only a couple of weeks ago), but it's uninstalled now. The HP remote worked without any lag as well but it's nowhere as good as the Harmony. I've also got 'remote control sends keyboard presses' disabled in XBMC. I wasn't sure whether I should enable this but it works with it off.

Good luck...
Frodo 12.2 : Win8 x64 : ASUS P8H77-M : i3-3225 : Scythe Shuriken Revb : 8Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 : ASUS HD6570 : Samsung Blu-ray SH-B083L : Lian-Li PC-C37B Muse : Corsair TX650 PSU : HP MCE IR receiver : Harmony 600 : Yamaha RX-V471 : Cambridge Audio Minx 20 x 5 & Minx x300 Sub x 1
Hi All,

I was looking through this thread and I cannot find any step-by-step information.

Here is my situation:
I have been using my standard cable remote, set to control "VCR", and eventghost was receiving the "VCR" IR commands through a USB-UIRT, then pumping them into XBMC for control.

I just purchased a harmony 650, and this thread implies I can get rid of eventghost, and use only the harmony 650. I've tried for awhile, and cannot get anything working.

Is there a step by step guide to get a harmony to control XBMC?
1) What "Device" do I need to add to the harmony remote software?
2) Is there any configuration required on the HTPC (XBMC?)
3) I have tried to "system-Input Devices-Remote control sends keyboard presses" to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
WannaTheater Wrote:Is there a step by step guide to get a harmony to control XBMC?

Search function might have helped. Wink

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77519
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost4