[AppleTV] External USB not listed for backgrounds
Hey all,

I just hacked my Apple TV w/atvFlash and everything is fine. however when I change the skin to Aeon or MiniMeedia and i want to set the backgrounds folders, I go to BROWSE and all i get is DVD Drive and Home Folder... my 1Tb external is not listed and i can't manually enter the path.

I can add files to my video/music/pictures sections just fine, but the backdrops are kinda the whole point in Aeon/miniMeedia...

any thoughts? it's a WD 1Tb MyBook.

TIA
Hi!

I was wondering if you ever got this resolved? I have been having the same issue with my mac and am hurting my head trying to figure it out
same problem here. i have a completly upd2dat system (10.6.1) newest svn build 24xxxx. exact same problem. i believe this is an xbmc problem as i have experienced the same problem with multible skins (transperancy and mediashow). Here is what im seeing Image

let me know if you are seeing anything different?

hopefully one of the devs can help us out on this on. i wouldnt mind ediitng the xml files myself if i had to
Did anyone ever get this problem resolved?

I'm using V 9.11 a2 on a Mac Mini.
When I browse for the background image file path the only folders I can select from is my mounted iDisk directory. I can't choose my Home folder or a mounted external USB hard drive.

If I want to change say the fan art backdrop for a movie I don't encounter this problem at all.

Anyone got any suggestions??
I had this problem also for a long time. Im the meantime i edited the guisettings manually to get those backdrops (not much work)

I still had this problem in camelot alpha1 but in alpha2 those problems were fixed for me.

Im running on 9.11 alpha2 with the latest skins.
yep, need to hack the guisettings.xml to add the background folders manually.
I haven't tried editing these afterwards so not sure if that is possible,
but if you already know the location of the backgrounds folder,
then it isn't too hard as riderzz said already.
Sorry to be a pain but I can't find a file called GuiSettings.xml

Should I be looking for the GUI Settings in a different XML file?

Thanks
This is fixed and will be available in next Alpha/Beta release
AsMoBhosca Wrote:Sorry to be a pain but I can't find a file called GuiSettings.xml

Should I be looking for the GUI Settings in a different XML file?

Thanks

It's in the library/application support/xbmc/userdata/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] External USB not listed for backgrounds0