skipping time using only the mouse
hi there,
I'm new to xbmc and so fare it's great.
The only thing I can't find hoto do is jumping farward and bakword in a movie using only the mouse (I can't find the old, all playes, time bar).
I'd like to know if it's possible to add the time bar (that I can use the mouse to move in time) to the defalt skin?
If it is, please explain it slooowly....

thanks,
Ira
The progress bar used to display the time does not currently support seeking. Not sure if the seek bar does or not - that might be worth trying. You'd need to have DialogSeekBar.xml on screen all the time (see the <visible> conditions that it's using, and change them so that it's always true?)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

as I'v said, you'll have to explain it slowly...
I'v foung several copies of DialogSeekBar.xml in XBMC directory. How can I know wich one is relevant to my current skin? (my skin is PM3.HD and I don't see it's name in any one of the directories)
I opend a copy of this file and saw the <visible> tag, but how can I modify it to be always on? (and one last thing, I'v tried several skins, and in all of them it's impossible doing what I want. am I the only one controlling his HTPC via wireless mouse??)

Thanks for the help,

Ira
yes, you are hopefully the only one trying to use such an unfit input device. get a remote
Laugh

I have too many remotes on my livingroom table...Sad

I guess I can only wait now till someone else will have this need...

Ira
just wanted to know if it's something that is going to happen in the near future?
(for now xbmc is the ultimate solution for me, but without this option I guess I'll just go back and use plain old win xp)

Ira
For a start you could see whether the mouse works OK in the existing dialogseekbar.

Just make it popup using the keyboard or whatever, then see if you can use the mouse to manipulate it.

If that works, all you need to do is make that dialog popup when you move the mouse.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

thanks, but, as I wrote in the first messege i'm new to xbmc and I don't really know how to do the thigs you've suggested.

I can popup the dialogseekbar (or at least I think that it is the little yellow progress bar on the top right corner) but I can't use it to skip time (it seems that it's only an indicator for the position and nothing else) so the problem is either more complicated (changeing the behavior of the dialogseekbar) or way easier to solve and i'm the isiot here...

Ira
So you're saying you can't grab the slider with the mouse and move it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skipping time using only the mouse0