How can I store trailers locally and be able to view them in XBMC?
I have dial up internet, so I want to go to my cousins house and download trailers for all my movies. How would I go about naming them and such?

How would I view them in XBMC?

I would think I would press the white button on my xbox and click something there.

Please help!
To support a local trailer for a movie, rename the trailer to the name of the movie -trailer

eg;
{moviename}-trailer.avi

If you have already scanned your library into XBMC then you will need to "Refresh" for each movie with a new trailer added using the 'white' button in order for the trailer to be accessible.
Does the video have to be a .avi?

Because most of the high quality trailers found on the internet are .mov
The extension/format/container is unimportant. The regex just catches *-trailer*
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Wow, I am surprised at how easy it is. If I were to make a guide on how to do various things I found difficult as a new user, where would I post it?
Firesign3394 Wrote:Wow, I am surprised at how easy it is. If I were to make a guide on how to do various things I found difficult as a new user, where would I post it?
There would really be no need to, since all common issues are well documented either in the wiki on right here on the forum.
For example, your issue is mentionned in the wiki. Smile
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
Just draft some "FAQ" and post it in a new thread. I'm sure it'll get moved to the howto section.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Firesign3394 Wrote:Wow, I am surprised at how easy it is. If I were to make a guide on how to do various things I found difficult as a new user, where would I post it?

You can also talk to the moderators about adding, or modifying the wiki to add the things that aren't there, or to clarify something that you didn't understand when you read it.
Maxim Wrote:You can also talk to the moderators about adding, or modifying the wiki to add the things that aren't there, or to clarify something that you didn't understand when you read it.

I was just thinking about making a guide on how to transition from iTunes to XBMC, but still have access to media from both applications. It took me three weeks to figure out how to do this and many many hours of searching the internet. I just don't want people to get as frustrated as I did.
Firesign3394 Wrote:I was just thinking about making a guide on how to transition from iTunes to XBMC, but still have access to media from both applications. It took me three weeks to figure out how to do this and many many hours of searching the internet. I just don't want people to get as frustrated as I did.

Additionally you can drop into the IRC channel, and talk to people instead of PMing, or posting on the forums.
Maxim Wrote:Additionally you can drop into the IRC channel, and talk to people instead of PMing, or posting on the forums.

What is this "IRC Channel" you speak of?
http://xbmc.org/support/
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

imdb didnt support trailers I've tried many scrapers which one have trailers?
uhhh Gavo you need to manually download the trailers you want from the net.
then you copy them manually over to each movie folder name and make sure you name it correctly.

Code:
\Batman Forever\mybatmantrailer-trailer.mov
Can't someone make a how to and post it in that forumHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I store trailers locally and be able to view them in XBMC?0