Question on forcing XBMC Views
When running a plugin, how can I force the plugin to always start in Icons View, or for that matter, lock it, like we can the "Sort by" option?

Help will be appreciated...
you shouldn't be doing such things. set the content type and let the skin choose the suitable view modes
spiff Wrote:you shouldn't be doing such things. set the content type and let the skin choose the suitable view modes

I have to do this because the plugin i am writing does not have any text associated with the stream, only channel logos. In any other view mode it will look very bad. The site I scraped does not have any associated text and hence the icon view will be the only best view for this plugin.
The problem is that you don't know that the view you are wanting to force has been implemented using actual icons or something else. The skin is free to supply whatever views it likes.

As spiff says, the only thing you can do is specify a content type at this point.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks guys for your feedback. I will experiment with content type and see which one is better for the plugin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question on forcing XBMC Views0