Messed up a working xorg.conf - Please help
Suddenly after an update my resolution got messed up.
My native supported res on my samsung 40 " is 1360*768
This has always worked before, ie that setting has always been
possible to choose from the xbmc screen setup.
Usally it worked just by installing the latest nvidia driver and generate new
xorg.conf.

But now the only thing i can get is 1280*768 wich looks terrible.
I have tried some different modelines in my xorg.conf, disabling edid stuff and so on. Also tried to reinstall nvidia driver and generate new xorg.conf.

But damned... nothing works. My model is Samsung LE40R7 so if anyone
has something close to this model and a working modeline/xorg.conf
please post here.

Im running Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 and latest XBMC svn as of yesterday.

Have googled and searched this forum but nothing i tried has been a sucsess so far Sad

Also what log files should i look at to get an idea of what goes wrong ?
im not a linux expert so i need to know exact location and name Wink
This the xorg.conf from Olympia's(?) "much discussed" wiki, try this one first http://koti.kainuu.com/manki/xorg.conf I guess this should work if EDID reports correct information..
Check this post from the Ubuntu Forums here. It's always worked for me.
Aenima99x Wrote:Check this post from the Ubuntu Forums here. It's always worked for me.

Well what can i say... THANK YOU ! you are a life saver.
I had been sitting here for 3 hours trying everything and searching like a madman on div linux forums.

I followed that guide to a dot and now i got glorious full 1920x1080 60Hz
full HD via HDMI for the first time ever !! woah Smile

Thats actually one of the greatest post about getting xorg to work i have ever seen.

Worth a sticky ? cause i know im far from the only one having trouble with this,
The-Boxhead Wrote:Well what can i say... THANK YOU ! you are a life saver.
I had been sitting here for 3 hours trying everything and searching like a madman on div linux forums.

I followed that guide to a dot and now i got glorious full 1920x1080 60Hz
full HD via HDMI for the first time ever !! woah Smile

Thats actually one of the greatest post about getting xorg to work i have ever seen.

Worth a sticky ? cause i know im far from the only one having trouble with this,

Glad I can help, cuz I've been there before too. That post helped me out a lot too. Smile

Edit - on second thought, you and your glorious full 1920x1080@60HZ SUCK. Wink I'm just jealous cuz my Plasma is older and the native rez is 1366x768.
Quote:Edit - on second thought, you and your glorious full 1920x1080@60HZ SUCK. I'm just jealous cuz my Plasma is older and the native rez is 1366x768.

On further investigation im in the same boat as you Sad My LCD's native
res is in fact 1360*768 Wink Like many tv's out there.
So i got indeed 1920*1080@60Hz but i bellive that has to be some kind
of upscaling from the ION graphics ? It looks very nice in that res tough.

Any1 with some insight to all this ?
Any moderator care to inform me why this has been moved to the off-topic
section ?

I usually have no problems getting my posts moved when they are posted in the wrong section etc. But i cant see this beeing the case here. My question clearly belongs in the lxbmc inux help and support.

Or have i broken some other rules i do not know of ?

Would be nice to know thats all. So if i have made a mistake i can try to avoid doing the same one in the near future Wink
It was moved because it's an xorg problem, not an xbmc problem. If you'd broken rules, I'd have deleted it Wink
sure man, i understand that xorg is linux specific but there
is alota user having problem actually getting xbmc to display correctly. so
they need to fidle with xorg. same goes for alsamixer, pulseaudio, lirc and what not- all topics covering this is regarded off topic ?
Which again is why I didn't delete it. XBMC problems belong on the XBMC forums, linux problems on linux forums, windows prob... you get the picture.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Messed up a working xorg.conf - Please help0