[LINUX] De-interlacing video in XBMC for Linux with NVIDIA VDPAU?
Thanks motd2k much appreciated - those of us who watch a lot of native video content will be very grateful - and I'm sure it is never as easy as we think.

I used to be a hardware digital video developer (in a previous life it feels) - so had to do everything (de-interlacing, scaling, interpolating etc.) in hardware so am clueless when it comes to software implementations.
Any progress with that? :-(
Yes.. it now bobs atleast. Looks quite horrible still.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

is there any chance to implement temporal_spatial in xbmc as the best vdpau algorithm ?
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
Looks like it's there!
http://gitorious.org/xbmc/xbmc/commit/9f...b8ff2be0fb

Anyone tried it yet?

Stu-e
As soon as this is merged into pvr-testing2 i will test it :-)
can you test with 1080i dvb channels ?
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
The double fps temporal versions are still not good as we don't have a future reference field for them.

The (half) variants should work okey thou. They still look quite bad to me sadly.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

have you plans to improve in near future the situation with vdpau deinterlacing ?
will you add the vdpau option - "skip chroma filter" ?
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
I tested playback of a 1080i ts from DVB with temporal/spatial (GT220) full frame rate and there was full 50Hz frame rate with lovely fluid motion and better resolution than bob. The footage of the recording has quite dynamic content so it would be hard for me to spot line twittering in bob. Very impressive. My GT220 fan got a little louder so the card was definitely working harder.

Since this is my only experience of high definition video I cannot comment on the less than maximum quality issue Elupus mentions. This is however a definite improvement and I look forward to this being merged into the pvr-testing2 branch.

Thank you for your hard work.

Stu-e
Stu-e Wrote:Looks like it's there!
http://gitorious.org/xbmc/xbmc/commit/9f...b8ff2be0fb

Anyone tried it yet?

Stu-e

I've built from SVN but can't work out how I get to the options dialogue coded in xbmc/GUIDialogVideoSettings.cpp from the GUI. I've tried "System -> Video -> Playback" and "System -> System -> Video Output" and can't find anything about interlacing. I've even commented out the code that removes the unsupported entries. Can someone point me in the right direction? Huh

I assume I'm using VDPAU; I get it as a render option and also config.log suggests that I am.

cheers,
alex
it's in the video osd (while playing)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] De-interlacing video in XBMC for Linux with NVIDIA VDPAU?0