[TIP] HOW-TO download movie trailers and view them in XBMC
1. Go to http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk/

2. Find your movie

3. Download the trailer with the smallest size (so you are sure the XBOX can play it)

4. Save the video in the same folder as your movie.

5. Now rename your trailer to "movie-trailer"
For example: If the movie is Crash, you find movie "Crash", then name the trailer "Crash-trailer". You must put these files in the same folder.
Note: Do not include the quotation marks

6. Open up XBMC

7. Go into Movies

8. Find the movie you downloaded a trailer for

9. Click the White button on your controller

10. Click the movie information option

11. Click reload.

12. Now when you click movie information you have the option of watching the trailer

NOTE: If you are adding trailers for A LOT of movies, and don't want to reload each one, then do this:

1.Turn on the XBOX

2. Go to the file manager OR Go to your computer and gain FTP access

3. Go into the the Drive that has your XBMC data (Mine is Q) (It is the folder that has Credits, language, media, plugins, screensavers, scripts, skin, sounds, system, UserData, visualizations and the Web folder.

4. Click on the User Data Folder

5. Click the Database Folder (If you didn't use

NOTE. If you used the scraper built into XBMC to get your video's information, you will want to export your video library, so you don't have to download the information again. To do this:

6.1. Go to the Main Menu of XBMC

6.2. Go to Settings

6.3. Go To Video

6.4. Go To The Library Tab

6.5 Go Down To Export Video Library

6.6 Click It.

BACK TO THE GUIDE, CONTINUING FROM STEP 5

6. Delete the MyVideos34.db file (Yours may be named something else)

7. Go back to the Main Menu of your XBOX

8. Set Content for your video folders

9. Re Scan your media

10. Every video you added a trailer for is now visible when you click MOVIE INFORMATION!

Note: If you exported your video library, you can import it back now.
Thanks for this thread, I was just wondering about this same topic.

I am a new member and still familiarizing myself with this forum.

Thanks!
Athena07 Wrote:Thanks for this thread, I was just wondering about this same topic.

I am a new member and still familiarizing myself with this forum.

Thanks!

No problem! It took me a while to figure it out, and it got sort of frustrating. I didn't want other people to have to go through what I did, just for trailers.
Firesign3394 Wrote:6. Delete the MyVideos34.db file (Yours may be named something else)

Before you delete the database, you may want to export the video library first to avoid re-scrapping everything.
wstewart Wrote:Before you delete the database, you may want to export the video library first to avoid re-scrapping everything.

Oh, good idea. I don't use the XBMC scaper. I use Media Info Plus, so I always have nfo files available to scrape.

I'll add your suggestion to the guide.
Question 
Thanks for the reply! Is there no automated way to do this like boxie? I have over 600 movies. And getting each individually would take forever. Any suggestions? Do I need to install a different scraper or something?
Smile 
I updated my scraper XML using the one on xbmc. Deleted my user database folder and rescanned. Trailers are now attached. Thanks all!!!
hey jplivingston can you explain what you did to get the trailers working?

Thanks
try updating your scraper to one from here

If you use imdb, then right click imdb.xml and save it. Then copy it to your XBMC installation. It is located in

XBMC/system/scrapers/video/

Then try scanning again.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
is it possible to somehow add only the URL of a trailer on youtube to the nfo, then stream the trailer? i tried adding '<trailer>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDiUG52ZyHQ</trailer>' to the nfo, the trailer button was shown in XBMC, but when I clicked it, nothing happened.
r1ctus Wrote:is it possible to somehow add only the URL of a trailer on youtube to the nfo, then stream the trailer? i tried adding '<trailer>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDiUG52ZyHQ</trailer>' to the nfo, the trailer button was shown in XBMC, but when I clicked it, nothing happened.

That url doesn't point to just a video, it's points to the whole web page.
You need to point to the direct movie file and youtube likes to mask it and put an expiration key for their videos so there isn't really a static direct link as far as I know.

I did get a youtube video to work, but it timed out since it was set up to expire.

Apple.com has direct links. try this:
<trailer>http://images.apple.com/movies/wb/300/300-tlr1_h720p.mov</trailer>

While I'm sure there are tons of different ways to get the direct link to a certain video, I use the DownloadHelper extension for Firefox which has "Copy Url" as a choice in its drop-down menu whenever it notices a video is playing.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
thanks, I'll use apple then
Firesign3394 Wrote:1. Go to http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk/

2. Find your movie

3. Download the trailer with the smallest size (so you are sure the XBOX can play it)

4. Save the video in the same folder as your movie.

5. Now rename your trailer to "movie-trailer"
For example: If the movie is Crash, you find movie "Crash", then name the trailer "Crash-trailer". You must put these files in the same folder.
Note: Do not include the quotation marks

6. Open up XBMC

7. Go into Movies

8. Find the movie you downloaded a trailer for

9. Click the White button on your controller

What is the substitute for the 'white button' in XP?
tarkin Wrote:What is the substitute for the 'white button' in XP?
Not sure the direct equivalent suppose I should RTFM but you can either press C or right click and choose "Movie Information"
Thanks to this topic now my wife can pick up a movie without having to ask me some info about it.

Only thing that I don't like is the fact that when you enter the folder where your movie is, you also see the trailer. (Inside Folder Bee Movie I have now: Bee Movie-trailer.mov and Bee Movie.MKV)

Now my wife wonders why no just go into the folder and click Bee Movie-trailer insted of go Into INFO and click Trailer.
I think she has a point.

Thats why I wonder if it's possible to somehow hide the trailer? (I use Confluense skin)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TIP] HOW-TO download movie trailers and view them in XBMC0