[WINDOWS] Disable all Windows PopUp's upon start of XBMC, any plans to implement it?
Good Evening,

are there any plans to implement a configurable feature in XBMC for windows,
to disable ALL windows popups uppon the start of XBMC, like the feature in MediaPortal and have XBMC ALWAYS on TOP?

The problem is that if a baloon tip pops up from the WinXp task bar (eq, wlan connection lost or so, 4 ex), even when XBMC is in Full screen, the Taskbar get's the Focus....having the windows taskbar visible.

Cheers,
Konstantin
XBMC, Intel P4 3.0GHz with HT, 2GB RAM, ATI 3450 HDMI GPU
Well... there's this one.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...indows+top
This is available in advanced settings, it would seem

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...ysontop.3E
Thankyou for the Infos,

but this setting in the advanced settings is for XBMC in "Windowed" Mode....( Keeps XBMC always on top when windowed).

My problem is that when XBMC is in Full Screen Mode and a Baloon Tip Pops up from the TaskBar, the task bar gets Focus and get Visible even if XBMC is in full screen !!

You mean, that if I set "AlwaysOnTop = True" while XBMC is in Full Screen Mode, should also prevent the Taskbar BalloonTips get Focus Huh, well i already tryed theis setting b4 I asked here in the forum, but this setting (when True) doesn't prevent Balloontips,
to get Focus....In MediaPortal there is a dedicated checkbox for Disabling Windows Popups while MediaPortal is Active..

Thankyou in Advance,
Cheers, Konstantin
XBMC tries to be always the top most application and locks the foreground when in fullscreen. I don't know other methods of preventing it so patches are welcome.
But since you didn't told us the version of XBMC you're using you might have some features not available.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hello Wiso,

I use SVN 21238, but that Prob occured with every other Build I tested since pre 8.10 till now.

The Problem is the tray area's balloon tips !
At the moment a application activates a Balloontip in the tray area , the TaskBar becommes visible even if XBMC is in fullscreen mode.
The only way to hide the taskbar again is to use the mouse

Following the MediaPortal setting I mean, that prevent these problems:

Disable tray area's balloon tips (Default: off)
Hides the pop-up ?balloon tips that Windows shows on various events.

I know only 2 ways to solve the problem, but it would be great to have these controls in XBMC rather that starting scripts prior to XBMC... :

1) Disable/Enable only the Tray BallonTips (Set/Reset "EnableBalloonTips" in Registry)

Disable:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000000

Enable:
"EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000001

2) following the Registry keyes to disable ALL windows Ballontips (not only Tray)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000000

"FolderContentsInfoTip"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\tips]
"Show"=dword:00000000

"StartButtonBalloonTip"=dword:00000000

"ShowInfoTip"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSMBalloonTip"=dword:00000000

Cheers,
Konstantin
I'm really no friend of poking with the registry inside XBMC. Maybe you are fine with TweakUI?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi WiSo, yes i understand but, unfortunately, the Registry is where Windows
has all(most) settings stored...

By using TweakUI, yes, it would be a "posibility", but then it would be either on or off all time (the BalloonTips) but not only while XBMC is active....

Well, MediaPortal doest do anythin else than, changing the Registry too,
Following the operations, for enablin/Disabling BalloonTips, AlwaysOnTop, and Autostart

Here the Link to the complete File:
https://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge.net/...General.cs

{
if (settingsCheckedListBox.GetItemChecked(6)) // autostart on boot
{
string fileName = Config.GetFile(Config.Dir.Base, "MediaPortal.exe");
using (
RegistryKey subkey = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey(@"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", true)
)
{
subkey.SetValue("MediaPortal", fileName);
}
}
else
{
using (
RegistryKey subkey = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey(@"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", true)
)
{
subkey.DeleteValue("MediaPortal", false);
}
}

Int32 iValue = 1;
if (settingsCheckedListBox.GetItemChecked(13)) // disable ballon tips
{
iValue = 0;
}

using (
RegistryKey subkey = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey(@"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer",
true))
{
subkey.SetValue("EnableBalloonTips", iValue);
}

if (settingsCheckedListBox.GetItemChecked(4)) // always on top
{
using (RegistryKey subkey = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey(@"Control Panel\Desktop", true))
{
subkey.SetValue("ForegroundLockTimeout", 0);
}
}
My first question would be have you unchecked the option "Keep the takbar on top of all other windows"

Right click windows start and choose properties its under taskbar, by default its on

No idea if that will work but it would make sense why its happening
Yes, the "Keep the takbar on top of all other windows" is unchecked, but that does NOT prevent the Tray Balloon Tips.....

Cheers,
Konstantin
Hey, I know I am late, but I found a quite simple solution to this problem.
I am currently using the latest 9.11 version (windows). Just go to "System" -> "System" -> "Video Output".
Select for "Display": "1xxx x 1xxx (your resolution, whatever) @ xx.00 hz - Full Screen #2" so it goes fullscreen on your second monitor. Then activate "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" and your XBMC doesn't minimize anymore if anything pops up or balloons or whatever on the first display. You STILL have a totally fullscreen experience on the second monitor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Disable all Windows PopUp's upon start of XBMC, any plans to implement it?0