XBMC crashes and Blue screens routinely
Hi all

I just installed XBMC running 21652 on my computer C2D e8400 3ghz. The Gigabyte Ds2h motherboard with nvidea integrated 9400 video card.
WD 1TB green caviar HDD.

Using Gamestop wired Xbox 1 controller through XBCD

Anyway XBMC running unmodded Aeon Auriga crashes and blue screens routinely. Most often it crashes while flipping quickly through showcase with coverflow. Just now it froze/crashed during a movie. I tested the movie in wmp and it did not crash.

What can be causing this? should I reinstall windows? what? thanks

btw running Windows XP SP3 build 2600
also i just looked at the error log

and found this 22:43:52 T:2664 M:1488007168 ERROR: CGUIWrappingListContainer::SelectItemFromPoint: Speed 1.000000

What does that mean? thanks

btw my windows is 32bit.
Hi all

I just installed XBMC running 21652 on my computer C2D e8400 3ghz. The Gigabyte Ds2h motherboard with nvidea integrated 9400 video card.
WD 1TB green caviar HDD.

Using Gamestop wired Xbox 1 controller through XBCD

Anyway XBMC running unmodded Aeon Auriga crashes and blue screens routinely. Most often it crashes while flipping quickly through showcase with coverflow. Just now it froze/crashed during a movie. I tested the movie in wmp and it did not crash.

What can be causing this? should I reinstall windows? what? thanks

btw running Windows XP SP3 build 2600

also i just looked at the error log

and found this 22:43:52 T:2664 M:1488007168 ERROR: CGUIWrappingListContainer::SelectItemFromPoint: Speed 1.000000

What does that mean? thanks

btw my windows is 32bit.
you should upload the entire debug log to pastebin where you start up with debugging enabled and then replicate the crash. more info is in my sticky. you'll only get speculation or guesses without more info, if anything at all.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Hi dormtheater

What's the STOP code on the BSOD's? 0x etc?
Can you run XBMC with (for example) MediaStream skin without issues? Is it really only Aeon?
Have you checked eventlogs for system issues?

I don't know much about XBMC's inner workings, but Im a sysadmin during the day (at night I dress up like a spider and fight crime), so I can try to help you out.

Grtz

Lukas
If you're getting blue screen crashes in anything on windows, it's very unlikely to be software related, and much more likely to be hardware (or driver level software).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

One thread per topic please.
thanks for your replies guys

Well I updated the nvidia drivers and I can't get this error to reproduce. I tried real hard but it simply wont happen. =) It never happens in mediastream or pm3, only aeon, but I think this driver upgrade may have done the trick.

The thing that keeps bothering me is that this is running at like 50% cpu while idle at the home menu and then shoots to 85-90% while scrolling at fast speeds through showcase cover flow.
There should actually be a thread within the last couple pages of the windows forum concerning high idle times. I believe they figured out a solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes and Blue screens routinely0