HDMI Video Output on ASrock ION 330
Hi

I've installed xbmc live cd in the hdd of the asrock ion 330. problem is that can't find any option to have hdmi video output as default and not vga which I'm stuch now.

Is there any setting for this ?

Thanks
Check this post:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53812

See the section for Alsa mixer and HDMI
The-Boxhead Wrote:Check this post:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53812

See the section for Alsa mixer and HDMI

Thanks for your reply.

I've seen the sections you suggested, but Alsa is for sound and can't find anything for hdmi. Could you be more specific please. Thanks
coolgus Wrote:Hi

I've installed xbmc live cd in the hdd of the asrock ion 330. problem is that can't find any option to have hdmi video output as default and not vga which I'm stuch now.

Is there any setting for this ?

Thanks

Have you checked the BIOS setting for video output. I don't have an Asrock ION - but I do have a Gigabyte 9400 system and that has a BIOS setting I think. (Ubuntu and XBMC Live both work fine via HDMI with this)

Also - are you ensuring that your display is switched on and routed to the HDMI input that your Ionstar is connected to BEFORE you power on your PC. Which video output is used by a PC is often determined at power up. If the HDMI output can't talk to a proper HDMI display it may think it isn't connected and default to VGA.
I am setting up my ION 330 right now and I got video on HDMI by plugging in the cable and tune in HDMI1 on the TV.
Or am I missunderstanding?
If you want one display on the VGA and one HDMI, I do not think you can do that in XBMC, that is done in the OS.
If i connect both HDMI and VGA on my asrock box i get no sound trough hdmi.

When i use HDMI only everything works fine. I have HDMI to the telly and then standard phono cables to my amplifier.

didnt understand what you ment by this though:
Quote:Alsa is for sound and can't find anything for hdmi

Make sure that all channels in your alsamixer is enabled and volumes are maxed.

the setting that worked for me in xbmc was:
Code:
Audio Output: Digital
AC3: Off
DTS: Off
Audio Capable Device: hdmi
Passthrough Output Device: hdmi
Downmix: On

also read someplace that using small or large letter in hdmi HDMI had an impact, not that it did for however.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Video Output on ASrock ION 3300