Cover Flow View Mode?
Question 
Is there an advanced setting to enable "Coverflow" ?

Recently I changed the name of the media location on my media center PC and have not been able to restore the Coverflow mode since! Any ideas?

BTW XBMC is the greatest media center ever thanks for the devotion to the project
Cool
This might fit better in the project mayhem sub forum. This forum is more directed at general help regarding XBMC.
Damn you're fast Smile Moved to skin help.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ihjones Wrote:Is there an advanced setting to enable "Coverflow" ?

Recently I changed the name of the media location on my media center PC and have not been able to restore the Coverflow mode since! Any ideas?

BTW XBMC is the greatest media center ever thanks for the devotion to the project
Cool

The story continues...

At the end of an unsuccessful long day attempting to restore the movie database I uninstalled and re-installed XBMC and the user profiles..

With a new install and uncorrupted profiles I set the movie's folder as the default and am using PM3.HD Default skin.

At some point the Coverflow reappeared (obviously without hardly any artwork) and am wondering if the downloading of new fanart for some movies was the catalyst, or whether if the reason was setting the default movie folder whose path was no longer corrupted due hopefully to the re-install of XBMC.. either way the the criteria for Coverflow to function still remains a mystery..

I believe at least these items are needed for Coverflow to function, but please help with corrections and quench my frustration!!

3D OpenGL video drivers
A path to a folder with movie content
Possibly some fanart..??

Huh

Am still updating the fanart and folder art on my vast movie library.. Smile
Maybe a dumb question but: You are using library mode and can't select "Coverflow" from the left menu while browsing your movies?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Haggy Wrote:Maybe a dumb question but: You are using library mode and can't select "Coverflow" from the left menu while browsing your movies?

At all previous attempts to find "Cover Flow" from the View menu failed (ie: not present from the selectable choices) whilst the Library mode is NOT selected..

I am still very curious to know the criteria to have this "Cover Flow" option available in the view menuHuh As it is a common issue and as yet I am not aware of all the variables involved which would be of great help the next time we run into this problem..

Thanks in advance..
AFAIK all "advanced" views require the library mode to work correctly - including coverflow.
The new library stuff going on is gonna be welcome.

The files and library view has always been a source of great trouble for
new users of xbmc. Wink also the moveis & videos on the home screen is a sure winner.
The-Boxhead Wrote:The new library stuff going on is gonna be welcome.

The files and library view has always been a source of great trouble for
new users of xbmc. Wink also the moveis & videos on the home screen is a sure winner.

thanks, work in progress Cool
Ok thanks to another thread the key to cover flow is "Set Content" when the folder is set to Movies then Cover Flow functions YAY!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cover Flow View Mode?0