IPTV (Internet Protocol TeleVision) support in XBMC?
Laugh
ok spiff, now i really owe you one!

First: you where right with the playercorefactory, now it plays IPTV. i have absolutely no idea why it didnt work in the first place, but now it works, definetily because of the placercorfactory.xml.

Second: i am dumb, i already had the -p parameter, and forgot that i took it out because i didn't know what the parameter was for Rolleyes

anyway, when i find the solution for the IPTV-slow-channel-switching problem i will of course publish it on xbmc.org

thanks again! Big GrinBig Grin
have a nice evening.
i found it, thanks guys!
I suggest you install tvheadend on a linux server, setup the iptv channels there instead. Then you get recording and epg info aswell.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sounds interesting. do you know where to find a nice how-to for that?

greets
Hi,

I'm also trying to find out how to stream IPTV channels on XBMC? I have a complete udp://XXX IP-s of my TV provider but I don't know how to create a strm file and where to put it?

Thanx for your help.
If you are on linux (or have a linux server somewhere), setup a tvheadend server for those udp stream. Then point xbmc at that instead. Will work ALOT better.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

strm files are just a text file with the extension .strm which only contains the url.. ie. "udp://[ip-address][:port]"

Matevz Wrote:Hi,

I'm also trying to find out how to stream IPTV channels on XBMC? I have a complete udp://XXX IP-s of my TV provider but I don't know how to create a strm file and where to put it?

Thanx for your help.

Renejmaj t2 ali siol playlisto v končnico .srtm in to je to Smile
If you actually don't speak Slovenian (your name implied), nevermind. Tongue
StevenSeagull Wrote:Renejmaj t2 ali siol playlisto v končnico .srtm in to je to Smile
If you actually don't speak Slovenian (your name implied), nevermind. Tongue

Živjo StevenSeagul.
Speakam Slo Laugh. Hvala za odgovor. Vsekakor te prosim če me lahko usmeriš glede predvajanja playliste... kaj je torej dovolj, da jo naložim v Videos? Ni možnosti, da bi imel svojo kategorijo TV in ob vstopu takoj videl kanale iz playliste?

Hvala in lp.

Hi and tanx StevenSeagul.

My next question is where to load the playlist (in the Videos category?!?). Is there any way to have a new category TV where there's only the playlist of the IPTV channels?

Cheres
Exclamation 
Can someone point to a guide or advise if its in the manual how to setup the IPTV config provided they got it working? Maybe if your generous to actually create a step-by-step guide for the newbs.

Thanks
Lightbulb 
Hello there!
I don't have any tuner card and I don't plan to have any but I have few TV and radio stations on my list already, added them (via PLS file) to 'Favorites' playlist so I can somehow watch/listen them. But furthermore of that - many Internet providers provide lot of Internet TV (IPTV) and radio streams, tens of them. If I have, for example, 80 channels on my list then put them in 'Favorites' folder isn't right solution and it will be a headache to use such big list. Sad

What I (and other users of XBMC, I suppose) would like to have:
- there should be some folders 'CHANNELS' and 'RADIO' in main XBMC menu (hideable as 'SHOWS' and 'MOVIES' are, of course);
- when I enter 'CHANNELS' folder I have to see someting like:
  • 001 : Some Station 1 channel
  • 002 : Other Station 1 channel
  • 003 : Some Station 2 channel
  • 004 : Some Station 3 channel
  • 005 : Other Station 3 channel
- I can add channels to list somehow (manually or by scanning a directory and/or playlist(s));
- I can select channel either by browsing the list (Up, Down, PgUp, PgDown) or entering desired channel number;
- when I watch selected channel I can browse channels either by pushing PrevCh / NextCh buttons or entering desired channel number on numeric pad.
Near the same about Radio stations too.

I thought about implementation for this and tried to search forum if someone working on this already but found nothing similar. Would like to hear if someone working on this or if there is some not finalized implementation for this in sources already so I would not invent the wheel. Smile
phez Wrote:Can someone point to a guide or advise if its in the manual how to setup the IPTV config provided they got it working? Maybe if your generous to actually create a step-by-step guide for the newbs.

Thanks
I'd like a how-to also.

For now I have the following setup:
Windows XP MCE 2005
XBMC 9.11

I have an M3U playlist with all the Multicast IP's and UDP ports for all the channels my ISP has.
I put this playlist on the PC, and added the folder it's in as a "video location" in XBMC.
When I start XBMC, select Video, then the folder the playlist is in, and then the playlist itself, I can select the channels I want to watch.

However, chaning channels takes a long time, because XBMC seems to be buffering a lot of data.

So, as aked before in this thread, is there a way to limit the buffer amount XBMC is using?

Also, after watching IPTV for a while, and having changed to a lot of channels, suddenly XBMC can't load any more channels. I get the error saying the channel isn't available.
Even a restart of XBMC of the system itself does not solve this problem.

So I'm wondering... since IPTV is all multicast...
When I select a channel, does XBMC send a "join" to get the stream?
And does it also send a "leave" for the old channel before sending a "join" to the new channel when switching channels?

If not, could it be XBMC does not send the "leave" so it still get's the previous streams I was watching?
So basically older streams are stil send to me eventhough I'm not watching them anymore? which clogs up my connection?

Thanx in advance
Hi,

I'm running XBMC on my aTV 160 gb version. My ISP provides IPTV over UDP with multicast, and I can successfully watch the channels by using a m3u playlist.

My problem is that some of the channels are sending in multiple languages like Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. I can switch between the audio languages using the OSD menu, but not the teletext subtitles.

Is this a limitation of the current player? Why can I only the different Audio streams?

Can I set a parameter in m3u list, so that a given subtitle is loaded?

Thank you!
Question 
In France ADSL provider all provide STB for their tripple play offfer.

Playing non premium TV is as simple as getting a the right multicast IP channels, and recording them in a playlist. VLC enables then to play it simply by loading the playlist and then clicking to play.

#EXTINF:0,1. TF1
rtp://@232.0.1.17:8200

Using such a playlist in XBMC, I get acess to the stream and can nearly watch the stream but with full of macros blocks as it is was using udp streaming instead of real RTP streaming.

On the same machine vlc works, and xbmc fails with the same M3U files. Unfortunately as VLC does still not support VDPAU (1.1 not yet widely available on linux distrib), HD stream are unplayable on my HTPC. TOO bad.

Any hint? Is it a known problem? Shall I open a bug report?
Stream sample are available. Using rtpsend and a small playlist with the port given to rtpsend should enable to reproduce the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV (Internet Protocol TeleVision) support in XBMC?0