Reverts back to 480i after a shutdown
Question 
Hey Guys,

I just got a set of monster component cables off eBay and I have enabled xbmc to run at 720p. Now for some reason I always have to enable it every time I start up XMBC.

I am running a soft mod which I did via the hot swap. I use unleash x as my dash. That never goes to 720p, even though I enable it. I am using Paul's Mediastream Lite v2 and the way I enable 720p is, I go to the system settings, enable it in video hardware and I restart xbmc. Sometimes i'll have to enable it in the appearance option.

Is there anyway to get xbmc to remember that I want it set to 720p? anyone ever run into this?
This question is more suited for http://www.xbox-scene.com I guess. XBMC won't write to your eeprom and the xbox bios is where those settings are stored (or in case of a softmod probably in the bios loaded by the bios loader). Can't help you more, so please check out the xbox-scene.com forums.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
cloudrev Wrote:Hey Guys,

I just got a set of monster component cables off eBay and I have enabled xbmc to run at 720p. Now for some reason I always have to enable it every time I start up XBMC.

I am running a soft mod which I did via the hot swap. I use unleash x as my dash. That never goes to 720p, even though I enable it. I am using Paul's Mediastream Lite v2 and the way I enable 720p is, I go to the system settings, enable it in video hardware and I restart xbmc. Sometimes i'll have to enable it in the appearance option.

Is there anyway to get xbmc to remember that I want it set to 720p? anyone ever run into this?

I know with my PAL xbox to enable the HD outputs i had to use enigmah to change to NTSC output then add a file called " EEPROM_off.bin" in E\ so that the new settings stayed after reboot and then deleted it.
Not too familiar w/ softmods, but if you can still access the default MS xbox dash, you need to change the settings there.
The softmod's virtual EEPROM needs to be disabled when changing resolution in XBMC, or the settings aren't saved. Depending on your version of ndure, ensure you have EEPROM_off.bin in E:\ (or E:\NKP11\ for version 3.1) while you change the settings, then reboot. If the settings stick after the next startup you can delete the dummy file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reverts back to 480i after a shutdown0