Making a "Home Videos" Library?
Question 
hi guys,

i've currently got large TV Shows and Movies libraries that work great.

i've edited my main XBMC menu with a selection for 'Videos' that goes to the Library 'Videos' on click. that part works so far...when i select it and turn off library mode, it goes to my Home Video folder.

my question is, how can i set up the .nfo files (manually of course) to have this behave like a movie or tv show library? here's what i'd like:

select 'Videos' on main page
select Year (would this act like tv show "seasons"?)
have a list of home videos for that year, with a video title, description of the video, video date, and display the auto-generated preview picture.

it all seems do-able except i'm not sure how to set up the main Home Videos .nfo file, specifically so you are selecting the year first in library mode. after that, i would think it would be easy to manually edit the .nfo for each individual video.

any help is appreciated...thanks!
Not sure if this is exactly what you are after, but I have organised my home videos to appear in Library Mode under TV Shows with the use of nfo files. I have set out the steps in a different forum. Details can be found here.

Hope this helps.

Duffy
Why don't you use Media Companion.
And create the nfo files within MC.
Duffy, upon reading that, it seems I did (unknowingly) use the onclick command for music videos. i have no music videos so i'll probably just go that route, using the (very) detailed steps you outlined for tvshows/movies.

absolutely fantastic info...thanks!
hmmm...trying to add Home Videos as Music Videos, and i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

i have my home videos in the folder structure:

Home Videos

i've added an .nfo file for one video to test (same filename as the video itself, as instructed), using the xml template found on the xbmc.org online manual, as such:

<musicvideo>
<title>2008-08-14</title>
<artist>2008</artist>
<album>None</genre>
<runtime>3:20</runtime>
<plot>summary</plot>
<year>2008</year>
<director></director>
<studio></studio>
</musicvideo>

then i changed my skin home.xml section for the 'Videos button on the main page to this:

<control type="button" id="2">
<description>Videos push button</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>114</posy>
<width>26</width>
<height>26</height>
<hitrect x="-10" y="100" w="345" h="55" />
<label>Videos</label>
<font>font20</font>
<aligny>-</aligny>
<textoffsetx>50</textoffsetx>
<textoffsety>-3</textoffsety>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,musicvideoartists,return)</onclick>
<texturefocus>home-button.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>home-button.png</texturenofocus>
<onleft>20</onleft>
<onright>22</onright>
<onup>9</onup>
<ondown>3</ondown>
</control>

as you can see i'm trying to use the year folder as the artist in the .nfo, so that onclick command would bring me top a list of music video artists (which would actually just be a list of Home Video years).

i then add the Home Videos folder to XBMC, and choose 'set content', choose music videos, choose the .nfo scraper.

but when scanning the folder to the library, i don't get anything added. ? switching back to file mode gives me my 2 year folders (2009 and 2008). all the videos inside work fine.

am i missing something in adding music videos to the library?
debug log
n/m
ok, i had to delete my video library and re-scan everything, now the test videos show up.

thanks guys
check out this thread. home customization
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making a "Home Videos" Library?0