xbmc, movies storage question
Presently, i have all my media on my pc which is upstairs, i access this media via 2 xboxes as well as a 360, however, space is running out on the pc, so i was wondering, since they are all connected to a 8 port router....can i buy a few external hard drives, say 1TB in size, and connect these directly to the router and put movies, muisc on them?

I would have to get hold of USB to ethernet converters, but would this way work at all...it saves me having the computer on all the time??!

And if it did work, what sort of file system/software would need to be on the external drives for xbmc to pick them up.

Thanks guys for any help on this!!!
Google NAS or network attached storage, that's what you're looking for.. I don't use one personally but a few friends have been raving about Netgears latest offering recently.. alternatively if you've got spare parts you can build your own cheap NAS offering with something like FreeNAS

As for specifically what xbmc wants.. I don't think it's too fussy.. but most NAS have support for samba anyway in which case xbmc will be fine.
Thanks for the reply..am googling!!!! Big Grin
Or you could just put another hard drive in the pc you are already using. 1Tb is around 90 bucks or so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc, movies storage question0