Rovi's 'Liquid' media guide skin replica or view mode clones?
Lightbulb 
Thought the community's creative types may be inspired by a look at Rovi's (formerly Macrovision) 'Liquid' media guide/EPG:

A few more images are available from http://news.cnet.com/2300-17938_105-1000...mncol;page

I am not requesting this as a skin (others can of course).

Just something of interest for our skinners. Wink
Looks nice but I really got to wonder how they link thumbnails of episodes to it when it hasn't even aird yet
thanks for sharing, it is indeed nice. I'm not such a fan of the EPG though
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
It may look good, but it's not very practical. in the second picture, I wouldn't want to see the tv guide like that. and what happens if a program starts at 8.30 and ends at 9.30, this wouldn't be able to display that.
Silverxxx Wrote:It may look good, but it's not very practical. in the second picture, I wouldn't want to see the tv guide like that. and what happens if a program starts at 8.30 and ends at 9.30, this wouldn't be able to display that.

"Better of ted" starts at 8.30, so I guess the box just goes beyond to the next if it ends at 9.30.

Looks good, but to me a plain minimalistic EPG is the way to go, but when we have an EPG which is skinnable it's going to be one fun ride to see what the amazing creative people that are in the skinning community of XBMC to see what they can bring to the table. My guess is some extraordinary EPGs will emerge.

@Jezz_X I think they just link an old or the show icon or something, but yeah, it doesn't look half as cool then Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:@Jezz_X I think they just link an old or the show icon or something, but yeah, it doesn't look half as cool then Smile
I only see fanart-type images, no episode thumbs.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Yea I like it a lot. I actually like the way the epg looks. I would like to see it fully animated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rovi's 'Liquid' media guide skin replica or view mode clones?0