Cannot open USB Image Tool
Hi. I am using the Windows version of the patchstick creator, version 11. I have unzipped the folder and run the .bat file. Everything downloaded, extracted, etc. When I go to click on the USB Image Tool file, I get the following .Net Framework Initialization error and cannot open the file:

To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727

Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.

Any help? Thanks in advance.
I don't think I can explain that any more clearly than the error message does. Read, COMPREHEND, facepalm.
althekiller Wrote:I don't think I can explain that any more clearly than the error message does. Read, COMPREHEND, facepalm.

Yeah...I had figured that out already. My bad. Now I have a different problem. When I click Restore and select the .dmg file, it goes through the entire restore process, then gives me the error "Cannot write to usb drive (Code: 87). Thoughts on this? Am I selecting the wrong file? I have atv-xbmc-ssh.img or 2z694-5660-029.dmg. For some reason I thought I had to use the .dmg file.
zakattack Wrote:Yeah...I had figured that out already. My bad. Now I have a different problem. When I click Restore and select the .dmg file, it goes through the entire restore process, then gives me the error "Cannot write to usb drive (Code: 87). Thoughts on this? Am I selecting the wrong file? I have atv-xbmc-ssh.img or 2z694-5660-029.dmg. For some reason I thought I had to use the .dmg file.

"When I click Restore and select the .dmg file" buzz, wrong. Select the img file after running the bat file. read the reame.txt, it explains all this.

Also you will need to edit the bat file to skip the download if you have it already or change the URL to the new appletv dmg.
davilla Wrote:"When I click Restore and select the .dmg file" buzz, wrong. Select the img file after running the bat file. read the reame.txt, it explains all this.

Also you will need to edit the bat file to skip the download if you have it already or change the URL to the new appletv dmg.

Thanks. That worked. In my defense (and why I was confused), the readme.txt (which I read over and over) simply says "Select your USB flash drive then select the disc image." It is my understanding that a .dmg file is an OS X image file...so that's where I was confused since the Apple TV runs on OS X, and that basically gave me two "image" files in my folder, the .dmg and the .img. All good now. Thanks for the help. You guys have done a great job.
davilla Wrote:Also you will need to edit the bat file to skip the download if you have it already or change the URL to the new appletv dmg.

I used this download I found in the "Issues" section on code site to replace the .bat file that was extracted with the 11 version...is this basically the change you were talking about?

http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/...ail?id=333
zakattack Wrote:I used this download I found in the "Issues" section on code site to replace the .bat file that was extracted with the 11 version...is this basically the change you were talking about?

http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/...ail?id=333

yes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot open USB Image Tool0