Problems compiling XBMC due to libmms?
Recently, a great addition has been added to XBMC. spiff has added libmms which now allows for both mms and mmsh streams.

Unfortunately, the libmms that is part of Ubuntu 8.04 (maybe 8.10 as well) is outdated and thus XBMC will not compile properly.

Luckily, it is very easy to install the latest version.

1) wget "http://launchpad.net/libmms/trunk/0.4/+download/libmms-0.4.tar.gz"
2) tar zxvf libmms-0.4.tar.gz
3) cd libmms-0.4
4) ./configure --prefix=/usr
5) make
6) sudo make install

Then try compiling XBMC. It should work.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer, I followed your instructions, went in to the XBMC svn directory, did a make clean, then make but it fails. Should I do ./configure XBMC again?

Thanks,

MDPauley
How does it fail?

I also see you are on Ubuntu 9.04. You should not need to do this. You should only need to pull the proper dependency based on README.linux.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
It would fail also... I went back to libmms-dev and here is where the end of my build:

Code:
xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a(DVDInputStreamMMS.o): In function `CDVDInputStreamMMS::GetLength()':
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreamMMS.cpp:82: undefined reference to `mmsx_get_time_length'
xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a(DVDInputStreamMMS.o): In function `CDVDInputStreamMMS::SeekTime(int)':
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreamMMS.cpp:77: undefined reference to `mmsx_time_seek'
xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a(DVDInputStreamMMS.o): In function `CDVDInputStreamMMS::Seek(long long, int)':
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreamMMS.cpp:70: undefined reference to `mmsx_get_seekable'
xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a(DVDInputStreamMMS.o): In function `CDVDInputStreamMMS::Read(unsigned char*, int)':
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreamMMS.cpp:64: undefined reference to `mms_get_default_io_impl'
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreamMMS.cpp:64: undefined reference to `mmsx_read'
xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a(DVDInputStreamMMS.o): In function `CDVDInputStreamMMS::Open(char const*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)':
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreamMMS.cpp:51: undefined reference to `mms_get_default_io_impl'
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreamMMS.cpp:51: undefined reference to `mmsx_connect'
xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a(DVDInputStreamMMS.o): In function `CDVDInputStreamMMS::Close()':
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreamMMS.cpp:59: undefined reference to `mmsx_close'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1
xbmc@media-center:~/XBMC$
(obviously to me atleast) you need to reconfigure after a new dependency has been added
Not the same as 8.04. With 8.04 it would complain about some missing includes.

Try a make distclean. Then start over with configure.

the distclean and configure did it... thanks for the help.
Would this affect any other dependencies?

I just updated svn, did the update above but ./configure failed until I installed libxtst-dev.
Whatever I posted was just for 8.04. Not sure where libxtst-dev comes in.

Maybe that is part of some other package/dependency that gets pulled in. Make sure you have everything that is in the README.linux.

TREX6662k5 Wrote:Would this affect any other dependencies?

I just updated svn, did the update above but ./configure failed until I installed libxtst-dev.

Yeah I got the exact same thing as well just now
You guys do know that libxtst-dev is in the README.linux don't you?

I believed sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc would sort out my dependencies which was why it was a little surprising seeing the error.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems compiling XBMC due to libmms?0