Xyber Media Manager (XMM) - Movies and TV Shows NFO managament software for Windows
Great news Nicezia.
I just saw that this very good media app is not dead.
I am impatient for any news.

Thanks a lot
Nessus
nessus Wrote:I am impatient for any news.
Big Grin...Rolleyes
Nicezia Wrote:Well he's shared the source with me and if he'll okay it, I'm revamping he entire project just finishing up the Movie Section now, and moving on to tv shows soon.

the ScraperXML code in it is a bit dated anyway... I'm bringing that up to date as well.

So how's about it Xyber??

Have found this very usefull for TV episodes glad to see someone is willing to carry on this great work...
Just downloaded and like the app. The movie list is being populated but none of the info is. Any ideas? Thanks.
HTPC= AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 l Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G l G Skill 2GB l HVR-1800 l PVR-150 l Ultra MicroFly Case l 180GB SATA l 250GB IDE
Old HTPC Build / Current 780G HTPC Build / My Website
nessus Wrote:Big Grin...Rolleyes

MastURbate much? Nice fucking typo in your signature guy Laugh
I too am very excited about an update for this, the simplest and IMO most efficient media manager for easy accurate XBMC updating.

Couple of things:

1.) I would often like to use this just to edit a couple of nfo items (esp. genre) but just left xbmc grab the fanart.

However if i don't DL fanart using XMM, then XBMC won't get any either. I presume there must be something in the XMM generated nfo that stops XBMC looking for new fanart. Is this the same .nfo issue for fanart that was mentioned earlier?

2.) I would love to see a url option for user inputted fanart / posters, next to the current "browse for local file " button. In fact, if it were then possible to crop / resize that image from within XMM this really would be the media manager or my dreams!

Looking forward to the new version! Thanks!
Did anyone get teh thumbs scrping to work with this ?
Ram2000 Wrote:Did anyone get teh thumbs scrping to work with this ?

if you're talking TV Shows, here's what I've found after you do the scrape, you have to open the nfo file for the episode change the http://images.thetvdb.... to http://www.thetvdb....

then go back into the episode in emm select the fanart button, click check for more it will find the correct thumbnail select it and click use selected, then it creates the thumb....very frustrating.....wish this was ironed out, but it's free and a heck of an app for free, so I guess I cannot complain!
ejkeebler Wrote:if you're talking TV Shows, here's what I've found after you do the scrape, you have to open the nfo file for the episode change the http://images.thetvdb.... to http://www.thetvdb....

then go back into the episode in emm select the fanart button, click check for more it will find the correct thumbnail select it and click use selected, then it creates the thumb....very frustrating.....wish this was ironed out, but it's free and a heck of an app for free, so I guess I cannot complain!

Thanks think ill just stick to grabbing my own just as much trouble but at least I can pick the picture.
Just in case anyone else is interested XBMC actually does grab the thumbs itself and you can export them as single files.
Look forward to seeing this updated....
PS I love the way when you hit rename in this it renames all the relevant files GREAT touch that.
Nicezia Wrote:Well he's shared the source with me and if he'll okay it, I'm revamping he entire project just finishing up the Movie Section now, and moving on to tv shows soon.

the ScraperXML code in it is a bit dated anyway... I'm bringing that up to date as well.

So how's about it Xyber??

sorry for late reply. so bussy with other projects these days, I can hardly keep my HTPC updated.
yes. you'r welcome to release whatever you want based on this code (you can share the source too if you like). When you release something I'll edit the orginal post to point to your release.
plyoung.com - my personal site where I blog about the projects I work on
any progress, guys? this little app deserves a chance Big Grin
I agree - by far my favorite app for a tight import, with a good control of genre for XBMC....

If it could be updated with the beautiful simplicity retained that would be amazing!
kiboy6 Wrote:I agree - by far my favorite app for a tight import, with a good control of genre for XBMC....

If it could be updated with the beautiful simplicity retained that would be amazing!

I'm enjoying this app, that is until it hit a folder i created for the Late Show with David Letterman.
It's still downloading thousands of episodes. Anyway to limit it?
Thanks!
Rob

PS. If you're not going to release it, open source it, or turn it over to someone else!
I remember seeing a post a few back about a fix for the thumbs issue that could be done by someone else, I believe Xyber posted that it could be fixed. Does anyone know if the tvshow thumb fix is posted somewhere?

---

Ok I found a fix I think for the invalid thumbs, I changed all instances of images.the with http://www.the in file xMM\scrapers\tvdb.xml and reran the scan using theTVDB, and it created all the nfo's and had the correct thumbs. Hopefully it didn't screw anything else up, but it doesn't look like it did at the moment.
it's still a problem in episode level: director/writer, these 2 fields are pulled both in writer field

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xyber Media Manager (XMM) - Movies and TV Shows NFO managament software for Windows0