Artwork in Various Artists Folder
I import my music with itunes and it puts compilation albums in a folder called compilations.

XBMC for what ever reason picks that folder up as 'various artists'

It also does not pick up artwork for any of the albums contained in that folder. All of the albums have a jpg called artwork.jpg but it ignores these.

Any hints on what I can do here? I queried the database to no avail.
I think if you add an entry with artwork.jpg or whatever to the advancedsettings.xml it might help pick them up http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...cthumbs.3E
XBMC should pick up any artwork that is embedded in the ID3 tags.
OK but they are, or at least in OSX the icons of the MP3s appear as the albums artwork.

The odd thing is its only this one folder.
Actually one of my xbmc installations (on this pc ) does not pick up embedded artwork and the debug log is littered with "cannot create file" type of messages, but I don't really need it fixed. The odd thing is that it is an exact copy of the xbmc on the other pc, including the music. It also did it in win 7, only on this pc again. (win 7 died). I might update to the latest svn build to see if it fixes it, although it has been updated before.

last build fixed it so nm
garyi: You can specifically inject the artwork into the file using iTunes - this may be something you want to do. The OS X level thing might well be using iTunes data to display stuff - who knows.

The alternative is to add artwork.jpg as Silverxxx suggests. If it's only a few albums, then you can browse for artwork directly from Album Information I think?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I can indeed browse for these few album so its not the end of the world.

I did not know I could force itunes to imbed artwork, I shall have a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork in Various Artists Folder0