• 4(current)
[WIP] Alaska
as always, i love your stuff dunc. every time i have the time to finally visit, you always put a smile on my face. keep it up! can't wait to see it.
NiceSmileSmileSmile best looking skin i seen so far!!
Wow.
Hi Djh!

I Just wanted to say that after the release of Aeon project and now this new breathtaking skinn here in Sweden you are the KING!! You got a BIG fanclub here of people that follows your work daily and for sure loves it!! Keep it up man! Big Grin
Icons are by David Lanham, with the odd strategic tweak here and there. I've decided there won't be any custom background support for the homepage; that's Aeon's job, and I'd rather this stayed simple and effective. The backgrounds weren't exactly visible anyway.

Looks pretty, but I have no idea what those icons mean :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This looks terrific, truly impressive.

Quick thought - since custom backgrounds on the home screen are being removed, any chance we'll see some way to customize the icons? Not sure if it's possible, but it would be nice to retain some level of customization that could be easily configured.

Either way, great work, and thanks for your continued efforts.
Damn that looks good Laugh
Definitely custom icons for the Home page. That's easy - you just bung a load in a new theme and you're done.

As for the icons being a little... esoteric, I'm aware of that. It's kind of the idea. The last thing I wanted was the usual crashingly boring line-up of camcorders, plasma screens and spanners. You only need to scroll through them once and you'll know what's what anyway, and there are always custom themes.
I think I prefer home screen v1. I'm just really not a fan of those icons.

That said, I understand it could easily be modded, so I don't think I'd mind much.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
Home screen #1 would probably have been used had it worked. Unfortunately:

- proper text alignment simply wasn't possible
- I'd never have found a consistent set of icons at that quality
djh_ Wrote:That's easy - you just bung a load

Eek Laugh
natew Wrote:I think I prefer home screen v1. I'm just really not a fan of those icons.

That said, I understand it could easily be modded, so I don't think I'd mind much.

I agree with the above and jmarshall. Those icons are not recognizable to me. I would never figure out what I was on without reading the text.

What exactly are those things?
RockDawg Wrote:I agree with the above and jmarshall. Those icons are not recognizable to me. I would never figure out what I was on without reading the text.

What exactly are those things?

Yeah...me too. I love the look of this skin, but I prefer a test based home screen as well.

...one thing I would love to see also is a many, many cover movie selection view (wall-type) that shows the info without pressing a button or auto pop-up (I edit all my info to be minimal (stops spoilers as well). While a single stream of covers is nice, doesn't work so well in a large collection.

Oohh...and did I say how nice that TV view looks - cool!
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
I see I'll be doing two versions of the Home page or I'll never hear the end of it. I had considered doing a text-based alternative so it's not a problem - just don't expect anything glamorous. I'm sure someone will mod custom backdrop support in at some point.

Anyway, here's something else for you to moan about. Ignore the glyphs on the icons - they're mostly random placeholders at the moment. What you can't really see in screenshots is that both the icon panel and text labels 'float' to assume the best positions. Looks nicer than you'd think.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Alaska3