• 1(current)
[WIP] Alaska
There are several things about Aeon that frustrate me, so I decided to exorcise them. This is a modest project in comparison. Aeon will still be finished (one day). Consider this the anti-Aeon.

Key features/objectives:

- Almost no textures = very small footprint (approx. 5-10mb)
- Ubiquitous elements include Now Playing widget and RSS (visible everywhere, never disturbed by screen transitions)
- High performance at 1080p
- Incredibly easy to mod (just tweak the backdrop filter and font colours for graphite, brushed metal themes, etc.)
- Very simple - n00b-friendly throughout
- Seamless transitions between all windows create single unified environment

These are concepts. The entire skin will be designed first and implemented second. More screens as they become ready; consider these strictly WIP. Expected elements like scrollbars, flags will be added.

niiiiiice
Another fresh original skin. Awesome. Looking forward to it.
While I do really like the dark versions of Aeon, this is some need for a brighter/lighter looking skin.

Like the fonts...visuals are nice, but little things like fonts make a skin 'pop'
TV Show view is awesome
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Nice concepts - I like that it's brighter than most others around.

If you're going for a predominantly text-based skin, one thing to consider is how many languages don't uppercase in the same way as English does, so keeping things lower case where possible makes it easier to translate.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Really beautiful - the tv show view is especially sleek. Can't wait to see more
I agree the TV List view looks great.. Oh the rest of it does as well, I would be interested in seeing what you come up with for the home view.
maybe you could make a lighter (white) theme and a darker (black) one. Really looking nive so far..!
aart Wrote:maybe you could make a lighter (white) theme and a darker (black) one. Really looking nive so far..!

........ and here come the requests
and the inevitable copying of the layout by other people / Media Centers from screen shots
Gonna need Cool for this one eheheh.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
To give credit where it's due, the list layout for TV was derived from something Emilio was working on a while ago. It's just a shame he's so busy as I doubt that project will ever come to light.

Regarding the idea of a dark/light theme, the advantage of having so few textures is that mods like that should be very easy to do. You're basically just changing the colour of one large panel and the text. And the lack of obstructive furniture on the screen should make modding the layout / inserting custom view types similarly straightforward.
Important things to mention.

- the icon is actually by Jonatan Castro, whom I haven't approached (yet). It's just there to indicate the kind of size and quality I'm after
- there is no Picture library in XBMC, so the items count is just a pipedream. I'm not even sure if you could pull the item count from the Movie/TV/Music libraries. Would be nice, though

As you've probably guessed, this Info page is just part of the browser. The focus icon slides across and the info appears, much like old Aeon.

Amazing! It seems like it will be a skin that will run very well on the XBOX Smile
And I love a minimalistic skin. Looking forward to it!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
djh_ Wrote:I'm not even sure if you could pull the item count from the Movie/TV/Music libraries. Would be nice, though

Beautiful work as always DJH. For the item count, check this out and get in touch with Buges.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Alaska3