• 5(current)
[WIP] Alaska
djh_ Wrote:anyway, here's something else for you to moan about.
Love it...Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
I like the 'Library Update' feature.

By the way, did you sort out a new TV?
I did sort out a new TV, thanks. I'm going to post a thank you thread when I give myself some time. It wasn't quite the bee's knees, sadly, as I ended up having to take the cats to the vets FOUR TIMES. £200. Anyway, it's plenty good enough, so thanks again. I keep meaning to take the donation links off the site, etc. Maybe tonight.

Right. Here are some TV section screens in case you want to prep any artwork.

djh you are legend. The whole concept seems very unified. I am looking forward to seeing how the windows transitions are going to be, but from what I see this might be the best crafted skin in that area.
From what we've seen I don't think there will be any window transitions in the traditional sense, instead it looks like groups will just fade in to fit with the main layout.
Correct. Not quite fading, though.
What was behind the decision of using posters instead of landscape thumbs for TV since you we the guy who created that format.

Not asking for a feature request just curious...
Didn't suit the layout.
djh_ Wrote:Correct. Not quite fading, though.
Zooming, sliding? Wink
So these are currently mockups?
KidKiwi Wrote:...one thing I would love to see also is a many, many cover movie selection view (wall-type) that shows the info without pressing a button or auto pop-up (I edit all my info to be minimal (stops spoilers as well). While a single stream of covers is nice, doesn't work so well in a large collection.

I would also love to see a view that displays more movies at one time. That's one the biggest letdowns for me with most skins. On the other hand, I have to admit though that most of the wall views I've seen actually contain too many movies which makes it too cluttered and hard to focus. I prefer some separation between the covers. I really like the posters view in the Focus skin and I would love to see something like that in this skin. I see alot of skins I really like the look of, but it ultimately comes down to the available views in the media sections for me since that's where I'm at 99% of the time.

Quote:Oohh...and did I say how nice that TV view looks - cool!

I totally agree. The whole skin just has a nice clean feel to it, but the TV section pictured looks gorgeous.
Quote:So these are currently mockups?

The first few were mocks, then djh started showing working screens.

North to Alaska!
Just to add to the moaning (Smile)
I think the home page would benefit much more from icons like the ones you have for the settings screens (more iconographic ones), than the cool-futuristic-plastic looking things you have right now Big Grin
RockDawg Wrote:...I really like the posters view in the Focus skin and I would love to see something like that in this skin.

Any chance you have a screen shot. I went looking, but couldn't find one. Maybe a PM so not to jack the thread.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
djh_ Wrote:Image

This view would work perfekt for the landscape thumbs for TV series =)

Cool skin, keep up the hard work
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Alaska3