New builds won't play flac
Hello all, I don't know if anyone deals with this sort of thing as it is the bleeding edge. Anyhow the latest build of OSX and the one before fail to play flac files.

here is the log

http://pastebin.com/m5f7e4070
Looks like the libFLAC .so isn't being built. Were there any errors in make xcode_depends?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry John, I am not tech savvy I just download the nightly builds and they open up to the application which I swap out in my apps folder, thats the extent of my capabilities Wink

Other files, apple lossless etc play fine.

XBMC simply stated that 'too many instances' were happening or something.
Ah - I'm about to SVN up and build fresh, so will check everything is OK prior to ping'ing TheQuestor.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

There was a change (http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/21548) that moved the build of libFLAC .so into the paplayer.a Makefile. There it does not get hit by "make xcode_depends" and so does not get built on osx. beenje is working on correcting this.
I read that as 'we are fixing it'

Thanks Dav Wink
Should be fixed in build r21761.

I made as well changes to allow flac playback on ppc (r21756).
So if you see problem, you know who to blame ;-)
Hi before I go and download the latest build which is 21791 as I type can I assume as this is a higher number it will have the fix?

(I have to muck around with the remote settings each time I update so won't until I am sure)
Yup.

I can confirm that build 21791 fixed the flac issue on my ATV (2.3 and Launcher 3.1).

cheers, sircube
Beenje Wrote:Should be fixed in build r21761.
Thanks for fixing this. Just updated my ATV to r21829 from r21759 and I am now happily playing my FLAC library again. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New builds won't play flac0