• 3(current)
Is there a stand-alone media manager software application for music that suits XBMC?
thanks for the info on music.. that's the next item that i'll be working on after I get subtitles wrapped for movies and tvshows completed ... i still need to locate a cross platform tag editor, hopefully one that will also handle drm'd files.
fekker Wrote:thanks for the info on music.. that's the next item that i'll be working on after I get subtitles wrapped for movies and tvshows completed ... i still need to locate a cross platform tag editor, hopefully one that will also handle drm'd files.

cheers.
i'd like to say: do NOT support DRM shit at all. we need to get rid of that crippling of user rights on music.
cheers,azido :;):
azido: exactly the right topic i wanted to start also ... the music library is way to underrated since everyone is focusing on movies Wink ... thanks for starting this topic.
note that those example nfo's are outdated, we do not have that <thumbs> madness in these either any longer.
spiff Wrote:note that those example nfo's are outdated, we do not have that <thumbs> madness in these either any longer.

does the wiki represent the recent changes?

i also noticed when exporting movies, there's an extra dir called .actors now. is there the same for music lib with .artist ?
no. .actors holds the actor thumbs for the movie/show/episode.

doubt the wiki is updated everywhere but i did the obvious ones, feel free to track down and fix the rest Smile
spiff Wrote:no. .actors holds the actor thumbs for the movie/show/episode.

doubt the wiki is updated everywhere but i did the obvious ones, feel free to track down and fix the rest Smile

ok.

i need to find out when and what changes were done first. is there a svn-related tree in the manual? because changes like these shouldn't go in as long as they are not part of the official release in my opinon.
we document current version, not latest release. just the way it has to be. or the wiki will never be updated at all
spiff Wrote:we document current version, not latest release. just the way it has to be. or the wiki will never be updated at all

true that. a good way of thinking.
A lot of my albums aren't scraping all the info from the available sites from within XBMC, is there a media manager that allows me to add this information in myself?
I think the answer is no... if you mean .nfo creation etc

Music files can be tagged with the relevant data via Media Monkey (my personal favourite) and these in-turn are read by XBMC.

I also use a bit of software called Album Art Downloader to get art that media monkey hasn't found

I would love it if it became possible to scrape the info offline for artists etc as it would save time re-scraping/copying DB's to multiple machines.
Bump. (Meaning I would love such a program if there was any)

Media Info Plus seemed like a decent option for some time, but currently music support seems to be broken and bugged and it might take some time for the author to repair it.

For the time being I'm using Musicbrainz Picard for tagging my music (great tool) and then MediaMonkey or Album Art Downloader for album art.

Take note however that not all players/taggers work with non-standard Latin characters nicely. For instance many XBMC skins lack proper CE and Cyrillic fonts. Same for Windows Media Player and the majority of players for hand-held devices.
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
i've already started a discussion for exactly this here.

post your opinions/requests/suggestions there.
Thanks for the link. Could someone merge the topics please?
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Speaking of music software, do you know any program that would automatically rename and move files to appropriate folders?

My problem is a tad complicated. Back in the times when .mp3 format was still a novelty I digitalised lots of casettes (google it up children if you're not old enough to know what a casette was) and also copied most of my CDs to my HD. Strangely enough, the drive survived all those years and now I have a decent collection of media. Yet, it's a complete mess: some songs are organised in the "..\Artist\Album\Artist - Song Title.mp3" manner, others are in "..\Artist\Song title.mp3", yet others in a huge directory with multiple genres massed altogether.

Now then, all of those files have proper ID tags now, but I can't seem to find a program that would automagically sort my media into appropriate folders. There was a similar functionality in Fekker's MIP, but alas it was buggy and didn't work well. Anyone?
Cheers
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a stand-alone media manager software application for music that suits XBMC?1