• 5(current)
Is there a stand-alone media manager software application for music that suits XBMC?
steve1977 Wrote:XBMC nicely groups the Buddha_Bar albums together (given the album artist being the same). However, I dont know where to place the corresponding folder.jpg and fanart.jpg? Not for the album, but for the artist?
I've experimented with various ways and it seems the ...\Artist\Album is the only way. Otherwise you'd have the same backdrop for all artists in the Compilations folder, just like I had one for ..\Unsorted, ..\Soundtracks and ..\Shanties.

BTW, if your files are tagged properly, the MediaMonkey automatic sorting seems to do the job quite nicely: copies files based on certain criteria. Sure, it's not perfect, but it helps.
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Halibutt Wrote:I've experimented with various ways and it seems the ...\Artist\Album is the only way. Otherwise you'd have the same backdrop for all artists in the Compilations folder, just like I had one for ..\Unsorted, ..\Soundtracks and ..\Shanties.

BTW, if your files are tagged properly, the MediaMonkey automatic sorting seems to do the job quite nicely: copies files based on certain criteria. Sure, it's not perfect, but it helps.
Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats a pity!!! I still love to use Itunes and have ITunes manage my library. So, I guess I am stuck here. Anyhow, it is how it is and so, I will need to have a general fanart for all my compilations.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. Thats a pity!!! I still love to use Itunes and have ITunes manage my library. So, I guess I am stuck here. Anyhow, it is how it is and so, I will need to have a general fanart for all my compilations.
I might be wrong but it seems XBMC only detects fanarts if they're called "fanart.jpg", which means there can be only one per folder, regardless whether you chose it from within XBMC, save it yourself or use some external program like MIP. At least that's how it was almost a year ago, perhaps something changed recently.

EDIT/ On a second thought my problem seems a little different from yours: I had files all placed in a single folder (say "..\Compilations\file.mp3"), so there could be only one file per folder. You seem to have an additional level there. Did you try saving different fanarts to within album folders (say "..Compilations\Album1\fanart.jpg")? Perhaps this could do the trick...
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Halibutt Wrote:Did you try saving different fanarts to within album folders (say "..Compilations\Album1\fanart.jpg")? Perhaps this could do the trick...
Cheers

this will give one fanart per album - same as if you would put fanart.jpg in your tvshow season folders to get a different fanart for every season. yes.
cheers,azido :;):
XBMC does not have fanart support for compilations.
stokedfish Wrote:XBMC does not have fanart support for compilations.

but it supports showing a fanart.jpg as a backdrop putted in each album dir, regardless if it's a compilation or a single artist's album.
Hmm, my artist thumbs are called folder.jpg and xbmc will use those in file mode.
But not in librarymode.No
What is the proper artist thumbname for the library Huh
* Artist.tbn
* (Artistname).tbn
* or isn't it not yet a feature of xbmc

Can't find any info in Wiki about artist thumbnames.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Music#Album_...Thumbnails
Waffa Wrote:Hmm, my artist thumbs are called folder.jpg and xbmc will use those in file mode.
But not in librarymode.No
What is the proper artist thumbname for the library Huh
* Artist.tbn
* (Artistname).tbn
* or isn't it not yet a feature of xbmc

Can't find any info in Wiki about artist thumbnames.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Music#Album_...Thumbnails

they should work as folder.jpg. you might need to reload/readd your albums if you put them in after you added albums, as xbmc will use the cached thumb in lib view.

note: you can define your own filename in advancedsettings.xml, if you want/need to.

<musicthumbs>

A list of additional files to try when searching for music thumbnail images. (The default is folder.jpg which can be removed.)
<musicthumbs>
<remove>folder.jpg</remove>
<add>thumb.jpg|cover.jpg</add>
</musicthumbs>

azido Wrote:but it supports showing a fanart.jpg as a backdrop putted in each album dir, regardless if it's a compilation or a single artist's album.

I've got over 800 albums with fanart, so yes, I know that. What I wanted to say is that fanart support for compilations is very limited in XBMC, which is a shame. Sad Btw, I posted this on a German board. Might also help here coz of the screenshots:

Quote:Fanart, Thumbnails, etc.

FILME

1. Genau 1 Film pro Ordner
2. Ordner richtig benennen
3. In XBMC den Typ angeben
4. In die Library einscannen!

File-Struktur: /Movies/Movie (Jahr)/Dateien (das Jahr ist optional)

Beispiel:

Als Quelle hinzufügen > set content > movies > imdb als scraper auswählen > scrapen > that's it...

TV SHOWS

File-Struktur: /TV Shows/TV Show (Jahr)/Dateien (das Jahr ist optional)

Beispiel:

Also: egal.season.episode.dateiformat

Als Quelle hinzufügen in XBMC > set content > tv show > thetvdb als scraper auswählen > scrapen > that's it...

TRAILER

Empfehlung: http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk/

Benennen wie folgt:

film.avi und dazu der Trailer als film-trailer.avi

(Format muss nicht avi sein, XBMC spielt so gut wie alles ab)

EIN KOMPLETTER FILM IN XBMC SIEHT SO AUS

(was man der Datei für einen Namen gibt, ist egal, aber untige Konventionen sollte man einhalten!)

- Fight Club.nfo würd ich von xbmc erzeugen lassen (export library) und nur abändern, wenn er was falsch erkennt
- Fight Club-fanart.jpg = Fanart für den Film (glaube es geht auch png, nicht sicher)
- Fight Club.mkv = Filmdatei (Format egal, es geht auch avi, mpg, etc.)
- Fight Club.srt = Untertitel (Format egal, es geht auch sub, etc.)
- Fight Club-trailer.mkv = Trailer (Format egal, es geht auch avi, mpg, etc.)
- Fight Club.tbn = Thumbnail für den Film (das DVD-Case oder ein Filmposter, einfach ein jpg in *.tbn umbenennen)

EIN KOMPLETTES MUSIKALBUM IN XBMC SIEHT SO AUS

- artist.nfo würd ich von xbmc erzeugen lassen (export library) und nur abändern, wenn er was falsch erkennt
- fanart.jpg = Fanart für die Band
- folder.jpg = Thumbnail für die Band

- album.nfo würd ich von xbmc erzeugen lassen (export library) und nur abändern, wenn er was falsch erkennt
- folder.jpg = Album Cover
- cdart.png = das Aussehen der CD selbst (optional mit Mods, verwende ich nicht)
azido Wrote:they should work as folder.jpg. you might need to reload/readd your albums if you put them in after you added albums, as xbmc will use the cached thumb in lib view.

I am facing the same issue. I have manually added folder.jpg to all my artists. To avoid manually adding, I had deleted the music library and also all thumbs. After restarting XBMC, I had (as expected) to re-add all my albums and I hoped that it would pick up the folder.jpg. It did so with the fanart.jpg for 80% of the artists, but it didnt for the folder.jpg.

Any idea why only 80% of the fanart.jpg and 0% of the folder.jpg? Anything I can post to provide more relevant info?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
steve1977 Wrote:I am facing the same issue. I have manually added folder.jpg to all my artists. To avoid manually adding, I had deleted the music library and also all thumbs. After restarting XBMC, I had (as expected) to re-add all my albums and I hoped that it would pick up the folder.jpg. It did so with the fanart.jpg for 80% of the artists, but it didnt for the folder.jpg.

Any idea why only 80% of the fanart.jpg and 0% of the folder.jpg? Anything I can post to provide more relevant info?

Tried again and still only get the folder.jpg for artists to display in "file mode", but not in "library mode". Additional piece of information: Folder.jpg doesnt work at all. The ones where the fanart.jpg doesnt work either (~20% of the artists) are the ones where the groubing is done by "album artist" and the "individual artists" is different in the tags.

Anyone has any thoughts?
steve1977 Wrote:Tried again and still only get the folder.jpg for artists to display in "file mode", but not in "library mode". Additional piece of information: Folder.jpg doesnt work at all. The ones where the fanart.jpg doesnt work either (~20% of the artists) are the ones where the groubing is done by "album artist" and the "individual artists" is different in the tags.

Anyone has any thoughts?

it must be either the way you add your albums to the lib, the way you organise your music or the skin you are using.

folder.jpg should work for artist thumbs as it is officially supported in xbmc.
azido Wrote:it must be either the way you add your albums to the lib, the way you organise your music or the skin you are using.

Well, it does work in "file mode", but not in "library mode". Quick answers to the other points you are bringing up:

1) "SKIN": unlikely. Using "Transparency", but also tried "Rapier" and "PM3-HD" and all have the same issue.

2) "How I organize my music": also dont think this is the reason. ITunes manages/organizes my music. So, it looks very standardized:
\Artist1\
\Artist1\AlbumA\
\Artist1\AlbumB\
\Artist1\AlbumC\
\Artist1\folder.jpg
\Artist1\fanart.jpg
The MP3s have the album artwork embedded that also properly shows up. Only the Artist artowkr doesnt show and some few selected artist fanart.

3) "How I add to the library": well, I thought there is just one option? I selected my Itunes folder and then click "scn item to library".

Thanks for any help or idea!!!
azido Wrote:it must be either the way you add your albums to the lib, the way you organise your music or the skin you are using.

Are you sure about that.
Xbmc does support artist thumb but it will not scrape folder.jpg.

I know all library functions and how to name the folders.
There is no info in wiki about how to name artist thumb in your folder.

Folder.jpg is for movies only for file mode.
Movie.tbn / (moviename).tbn is used for library.

So I asume that artist.tbn or (artistname).tbn is used for music library.

Didn't had the time to test this. Bissy with mod. MiniMeedia Waffa!
That's why I asked you Azido, you know a lot about music library.Big Grin
Waffa Wrote:Are you sure about that.
Xbmc does support artist thumb but it will not scrape folder.jpg.

I know all library functions and how to name the folders.
There is no info in wiki about how to name artist thumb in your folder.

Folder.jpg is for movies only for file mode.
Movie.tbn / (moviename).tbn is used for library.

So I asume that artist.tbn or (artistname).tbn is used for music library.

Didn't had the time to test this. Bissy with mod. MiniMeedia Waffa!
That's why I asked you Azido, you know a lot about music library.Big Grin

yes, i am pretty sure about that. there is one easy way to confirm the usage of folder.jpg for artists:

scan in an album with for sure has an image for the artist. remove any image that might be in the artist folder afterwards. then, export your music library to separate files with thumbs n fanart - and you will see there is a folder.jpg in your artist's dir.

not seeing this in the wiki simply means noone added it there.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a stand-alone media manager software application for music that suits XBMC?1