Connecting to a Hard Drive on an AirPort Extreme
Rainbow 
I have successfully installed XBMC on my Apple TV. My challenge now is to gain access to the videos that are on the USB hard drive which is connected to my new AirPort Extreme. The IP address of the Airport is 10.0.1.1. For whatever reason I can't find this IP from XBMC. I am probably doing something wrong. BTW I can map the IP from any Mac on our network.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Big Grin
You need to check the settings on the airport and set the harddrive as SMB.

After that it will appear under 'windows network SMB' when adding a source.

I will be interested to know how you get on, I tried a drobo on the airport and XBMC on the ATV was jumpy and unusable. It was fine from my mac mini.
garyi Wrote:You need to check the settings on the airport and set the harddrive as SMB.

After that it will appear under 'windows network SMB' when adding a source.

I will be interested to know how you get on, I tried a drobo on the airport and XBMC on the ATV was jumpy and unusable. It was fine from my mac mini.

Hi Gary - thanks for the input.

I'll give it a try and let you know what transpires.

I was already able to map a Maxtor drive which is plugged into an Ethernet port on the AirPort Extreme (smb://10.0.1.7). Videos play very well.

I tried smb://10.0.1.1 which is my HDU connected to the USB port - can't find it. I'll try a few things and report back.

L Oo
If you turn on SMB for the usb harddrive then you simply navigate to it via add source: "Windows Network SMB" then workgroup then what ever your airport is called then the harddrive.
Sad 
garyi Wrote:If you turn on SMB for the usb harddrive then you simply navigate to it via add source: "Windows Network SMB" then workgroup then what ever your airport is called then the harddrive.

I hear you Gary . However this option does not present itself with my AirPort Extreme ("Disk" option). I can access the hardrive from my mac network using smb://10.0.1.1. Very odd that I can't see it in XBMC. I even tried adding the address manually. No go. Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connecting to a Hard Drive on an AirPort Extreme0