• 2(current)
[AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD Hardware Decoder Mini-PCIe Card support for Apple TV?
It seems to me that 1080p playback on the current gen hardware is questionable regardless of the GPU assistance - even apple can't get it to work with their content... <thinks this means new hardware refresh> sock==nda.

JT
jthunder Wrote:It seems to me that 1080p playback on the current gen hardware is questionable regardless of the GPU assistance - even apple can't get it to work with their content... <thinks this means new hardware refresh> sock==nda.

JT

This is nothing to do with what may or may not come out on Sept 9th.
Wink
LOL this is getting intriguing now.....
they found a hidden stable. with more ponies!
jthunder Wrote:It seems to me that 1080p playback on the current gen hardware is questionable regardless of the GPU assistance - even apple can't get it to work with their content... <thinks this means new hardware refresh> sock==nda.

JT

It's impossible to know if apple even attempted to get anything more out of it than their 5mbps 720p content. I'd argue that's what they wanted, and nothing more. 5mb connections are relatively common these days and anything more is a challenge to stream over the 'net.

Keep in mind, Apple couldn't care less about what support the product has outside of the content they offer directly. It's not impossible the hardware has more oomph than they ever attempted to get out of it.

Based on the "hints" I've read... that seems to be the case. I see a second or third ATV in my future if this does what it might.
Nice! I can't wait to see this come out.
I went ahead and snagged another ATV from ebay so I could play along. It'll be quite the success story to see every ounce of power squeezed out of the platform.
Boo nothing announced at the apple event today. Come on davilla et al. and show us that you can do better than apple. Cheers!
Maybe an announcement from nvidia for vdpau support on the Go 7300? Just dreaming though...
we have to wait patiently - there's more at play here than just the core xbmc team. "It'll be done when it's done" type of thing.
deano72 Wrote:Boo nothing announced at the apple event today. Come on davilla et al. and show us that you can do better than apple. Cheers!

LOL, oh how true Smile
Ya, I second -- ipod with camera, bleh

davilla Wrote:LOL, oh how true Smile
http://www.wikiappletv.com/page/Apple+TV+Specs has info on what the hardware it has in it
DGMurdockIII Wrote:http://www.wikiappletv.com/page/Apple+TV+Specs has info on what the hardware it has in it

not important Smile nothing in the listed "specs" for the AppleTV matter.
davilla Wrote:not important Smile nothing in the listed "specs" for the AppleTV matter.
Oh, come on, you teaser!!! Rofl
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD Hardware Decoder Mini-PCIe Card support for Apple TV?9