[AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD Hardware Decoder Mini-PCIe Card support for Apple TV?

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.89 Average
jthunder Offline
It seems to me that 1080p playback on the current gen hardware is questionable regardless of the GPU assistance - even apple can't get it to work with their content... <thinks this means new hardware refresh> sock==nda.

JT
find quote
motd2k Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
jthunder Wrote:It seems to me that 1080p playback on the current gen hardware is questionable regardless of the GPU assistance - even apple can't get it to work with their content... <thinks this means new hardware refresh> sock==nda.

JT

This is nothing to do with what may or may not come out on Sept 9th.
Wink
find quote
deano72 Offline
LOL this is getting intriguing now.....
find quote
spiff Offline
Retired Developer
they found a hidden stable. with more ponies!
find quote
dan1son Offline
Fan
jthunder Wrote:It seems to me that 1080p playback on the current gen hardware is questionable regardless of the GPU assistance - even apple can't get it to work with their content... <thinks this means new hardware refresh> sock==nda.

JT

It's impossible to know if apple even attempted to get anything more out of it than their 5mbps 720p content. I'd argue that's what they wanted, and nothing more. 5mb connections are relatively common these days and anything more is a challenge to stream over the 'net.

Keep in mind, Apple couldn't care less about what support the product has outside of the content they offer directly. It's not impossible the hardware has more oomph than they ever attempted to get out of it.

Based on the "hints" I've read... that seems to be the case. I see a second or third ATV in my future if this does what it might.
find quote
BORIStheBLADE Offline
Fan
Nice! I can't wait to see this come out.
find quote
mr.b Offline
I went ahead and snagged another ATV from ebay so I could play along. It'll be quite the success story to see every ounce of power squeezed out of the platform.
(This post was last modified: 2009-09-08 19:53 by mr.b.)
find quote
deano72 Offline
Boo nothing announced at the apple event today. Come on davilla et al. and show us that you can do better than apple. Cheers!
find quote
csbook Offline
Maybe an announcement from nvidia for vdpau support on the Go 7300? Just dreaming though...
find quote
mr.b Offline
we have to wait patiently - there's more at play here than just the core xbmc team. "It'll be done when it's done" type of thing.
find quote
davilla Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
deano72 Wrote:Boo nothing announced at the apple event today. Come on davilla et al. and show us that you can do better than apple. Cheers!

LOL, oh how true Smile

MediaInfo : http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
mr.b Offline
Ya, I second -- ipod with camera, bleh

davilla Wrote:LOL, oh how true Smile
find quote
DGMurdockIII Offline
http://www.wikiappletv.com/page/Apple+TV+Specs has info on what the hardware it has in it
find quote
davilla Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
DGMurdockIII Wrote:http://www.wikiappletv.com/page/Apple+TV+Specs has info on what the hardware it has in it

not important Smile nothing in the listed "specs" for the AppleTV matter.

MediaInfo : http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
ashlar Offline
Donor
davilla Wrote:not important Smile nothing in the listed "specs" for the AppleTV matter.
Oh, come on, you teaser!!! Rofl
find quote