Trailing backslash added to RSS URL
XBMC Version: 9.04.1

I'm trying to add an RSS video feed, but I'm having trouble. I went to the Sources.xml file and added this section:

Code:
<source>
    <name>TestVideos</name>
    <path pathversion="1">rss://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=4BKM9qd13hGTXtIUwmH_9A&_render=rss</path>
</source>

However, it doesn't seem to work. When I check the log file, I see these entries:

Code:
01:31:47 T:2689066784 M:5399986176   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting rss://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=4BKM9qd13hGTXtIUwmH_9A_render=rss/
01:31:47 T:2689066784 M:5399982080   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(rss://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=4BKM9qd13hGTXtIUwmH_9A_render=rss/) failed

It appears that the ampersand in the URL was stripped out and a backslash was added to the end of the URL. This causes the RSS feed to no longer be valid.

How can I get XBMC to use the URL I put in Sources.xml rather than trying to reformat the URL? (or am I adding this RSS feed in the wrong way?)

Thanks,

Tim
try &amp;

You could always just add it via the UI though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This was already fixed. CURL didn't know about options in an rss url.
I tried replacing the ampersand with &amp; and the log now shows the ampersand being used properly in the URL. But the trailing slash is still there, and so is the error...

Any ideas on how to handle the trailing slash?

althekiller, you mention that this is already fixed - which part are you referring to, the ampersand or the trailing slash? And do you know when I can expect to see this fix available in the general release? (I tried this on a version I downloaded yesterday).

Thanks,

Tim
The slash bit. It actually still adds a slash, but in the correct place (ie after pipe.run in your example) since we're now aware of the options starting at the '?'. Next release will be at the end of November or earlier.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailing backslash added to RSS URL0