2 stupid questions re: list sorting
ok, i have a feeling these are 2 stupid questions, but here goes...

1) how do i change the sort order of my movie names to ignore the 'The ' in front of titles?

2) how can i make library view ignore the previously selected item and always start at the top of the list for movies, tv shows, and music?

thanks...
1. There's a setting for that - it should be on by default (Settings->Appearance->File Lists I believe).
2. You can't if you're talking about the previously selected item within a list. If you're talking about the place in the heirarchy where it lands when you enter from home, then that's skinnable.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for the info!

1) was 'ignore token characters when sorting'. guess the wording just fooled me.
2) is something like "remember menu items on forward navigation" - have it in redux iirc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Haggy Wrote:2) is something like "remember menu items on forward navigation" - have it in redux iirc.
the skin i'm using (Transparency!) has that option - that's what i thought initially, but i don't have that option turned on...but when i enter music library from the home menu, scroll down a few pages to an artist, press esc to go back to home menu, and enter music library again, i'm brought to the same artist in my list that i scrolled down to the first time...?

is there a way to force it to always start at the top of the list?
kmfdm515 Wrote:thanks for the info!

1) was 'ignore token characters when sorting'. guess the wording just fooled me.

I don't understand this. This option is for some reason not working for me. All my artists in my music library that starts with "The " ends up under "T".
Any hints?

(xbmc on ubuntu Juanty)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 stupid questions re: list sorting0