Utilizing Movie Studio (and TV Networks) images across skins with normalized tagging?
Lightbulb 
All this stuff needs to be normalized. We currently have a horrible mess with studio's. This is primarily because hollywood just makes up a new studio in order to guarantee that no movie makes a profit, but still. With studio flagging becoming more used, we need to ensure that this is standardized as much as possible. It is insane that each skin should have to include hundreds of studio icons - instead, it should be done like weather icons - keep them outside the skin.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It is insane that each skin should have to include hundreds of studio icons - instead, it should be done like weather icons - keep them outside the skin.

i will second this motion strongly, and extend it to other goodies like genre icons
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
jmarshall Wrote:Going slightly offtopic: All this stuff needs to be normalized. We currently have a horrible mess with studio's. This is primarily because hollywood just makes up a new studio in order to guarantee that no movie makes a profit, but still. With studio flagging becoming more used, we need to ensure that this is standardized as much as possible. It is insane that each skin should have to include hundreds of studio icons - instead, it should be done like weather icons - keep them outside the skin.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Yep, it's something I've been thinking of too as I was thinking how I could update MediaStream with studio images (like the ones in MiniMeedia) but without having to add them to the skin itself.
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
jmarshall Wrote:Going slightly offtopic: It is insane that each skin should have to include hundreds of studio icons - instead, it should be done like weather icons - keep them outside the skin.
Continuing to derail, I completely agree. On my development box, 17% of the time rendering the skin is spent on the studio logo. That's just crazy from a programmer's view, and the fact that every skinner has to make their own studio section is got to be annoying.

MODEDIT: Moving studio stuff to a new thread
I really like the idea of Gamester17 to check if it's an option to host all the studio icons on themoviedb.org, so they can be fetched by the xbmc scrapers: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=331...tcount=423
There's also a discussion on themoviedb on this subject: http://forums.themoviedb.org/topic/461/studio-icons/
In a similar way it may be possible to host TV Network logo's on thetvdb.com.

Some time ago i've asked nuzecast if he's willing to host record-label logo's (although not many skins are using them yet) on htbackdrops.com and he had no problems with this.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Utilizing Movie Studio (and TV Networks) images across skins with normalized tagging?0