• 67(current)
XBMC Remote for Android
Bram77 Wrote:- Install the latest Eclipse for Java Developers.
- Install the Android SDK for your platform.
- Install the Eclipse ADT plugin
- Checkout the latest source from -> http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...e/checkout
- Import the "XBMC Remote" directory as a Android project
- From the imported android project properties export the .apk (in the Android Tools menu)

It's really quite simple Smile

The current SVN version isn't very stable though, and some stuff isn't working at all.

Awesome! Thank you very much!! I'm sure it is quite simple for you lol but i was trying for like 30 mins yesterday and kept getting errors. I did everything right but the plugin.

I'll give it a go!

Bram, What do you recommend for a overall nice, stable version then?
The 0.6.3 is working pretty good.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
^^^^ That's what i currently use. Just wanted to try a newer SVN and look for some new features or functions.

Love this app and was trying to find some new stuff for it!!
Current SVN source will crash often... but if you like you could submit patches for it Wink
Only new feature in SVN so far is picture support and a lot of speed patches by freezy.
Great App, THX!
A volume control and tv show "browser" would be nice, too :-)
MKay Wrote:Great App, THX!
A volume control and tv show "browser" would be nice, too :-)

Volume control -> your cellphones volume keys
tv show -> in the works
the_alien Wrote:You have to enable the Eventserver and allow other computers to connect. If it wont work check the Eventserver port in the remote.

where the hell do i enable eventserver? i assume it is enabled if the other team blackbolt remote works from my other pc.
b00sted4fun Wrote:where the hell do i enable eventserver? i assume it is enabled if the other team blackbolt remote works from my other pc.

http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...structions

No, maybe team blackbolt is doing it through the httpapi instead of eventserver.
the_alien Wrote:http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...structions

No, maybe team blackbolt is doing it through the httpapi instead of eventserver.

i have looked at the tuorial but that is no where found in 9.11 unless i am missing something major here.. lol
@b00sted4fun: To enable the eventserver in 9.11 you must enable "Allow programs on this system to control XBMC" and "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC".
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
StarChild Wrote:@b00sted4fun: To enable the eventserver in 9.11 you must enable "Allow programs on this system to control XBMC" and "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC".

ah, ya that is 100% done and verified. I have reinstalled xbmc, os and the apk a few times w/ no avial.
b00sted4fun Wrote:ah, ya that is 100% done and verified. I have reinstalled xbmc, os and the apk a few times w/ no avial.
ok.. and it still doesn't work?

When you say "remote". Do you mean the remote part of the app or the hole app?

Try to temporary disable your firewall to see if something is blocking it.

Cheers
StarChild Wrote:ok.. and it still doesn't work?

When you say "remote". Do you mean the remote part of the app or the hole app?

Try to temporary disable your firewall to see if something is blocking it.

Cheers

it worked back on 9.04 so I dont think it is a firewall issue but I did attempt to disable my hardware firewall with no avil. the browse for tv works fine so I can launch videos and move the slider to ffd and rew the video but the actual remote apparently hate my gut Sad
Ok, in that case the only suggestion I could give you is to check your port and network again.

Don't you have a software firewall? What OS are you using?

EDIT: eventserver port is 9777 by default
b00sted4fun Wrote:where the hell do i enable eventserver? i assume it is enabled if the other team blackbolt remote works from my other pc.

b00sted4fun, follow these steps and it should work for you no problem.

1. Make sure you have XBMC for android installed on your phone
2. Make sure you have WIFI enabled and you are connected to your home network
3. Open up your XBMC and navigate to Settings, System, Network (might not be in that same order, but you can find Network in your Settings Menu)
4. Check these options:
-Allow Control of XBMC via HTTP (Set port to 8080. Username and password can be whatever you would like)(Android phone auto capitalizes the username though, so make sure to use all caps in XBMC itself when setting it.)
-Allow Programs on this system to control XBMC
-Allow Programs on other systems to control XBMC
5. Open up XBMC for Andorid and click on Menu-->Settings, if it doesnt pop up automatically. Then click menu --> Add Host
-Name of this Instance [Put whatever you would like]
-Host or IP Address [Enter computers IP Address]
-HTTP API Port [8080]
-Username [Whatever you used to setup earlier in XBMC]
-Password [Whatever you used to setup earlier in XBMC]
6. Id recommened restarting both XBMC and XBMC for android. Load XBMC first though, then XBMC for android

That should get it all working for you. That's what i did and it works fine for me and I'm running Camelot 9.11 also. Otherwise if you can't get it, hit me up and I can help you figure it out.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote for Android12