• 68(current)
XBMC Remote for Android
DonnyP Wrote:b00sted4fun, follow these steps and it should work for you no problem.

1. Make sure you have XBMC for android installed on your phone
2. Make sure you have WIFI enabled and you are connected to your home network
3. Open up your XBMC and navigate to Settings, System, Network (might not be in that same order, but find Network under settings.)
4. Check these options:
-Allow Control of XBMC via HTTP (Set port to 8080. Username and password can be whatever you would like)(Android phone auto capitalizes the username though, so make sure to use all caps in XBMC itself when setting it.)
-Allow Programs on this system to control XBMC
-Allow Programs on other systems to control XBMC
5. Open up XBMC for Andorid and click on Menu-->Settings, if it doesnt pop up automatically. Then click menu --> Add Host
-Name of this Instance [Put whatever you would like]
-Host or IP Address [Enter computers IP Address]
-HTTP API Port [8080]
-Username [Whatever you used to setup earlier in XBMC]
-Password [Whatever you used to setup earlier in XBMC]
6. Id recommened restarting both XBMC and XBMC for android. Load XBMC first though, then XBMC for android

That should get it all working for you. That's what i did and it works fine for me and I'm running Camelot 9.11 also. Otherwise if you can't get it, hit me up and I can help you figure it out.

apparently i missed something and jsut needed to read what to do lol.. thanks man working again for me!!
DonnyP: Again, do you mind me stealing it and putting it into the wiki?
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
the_alien Wrote:DonnyP: Again, do you mind me stealing it and putting it into the wiki?

No man, go right ahead. Don't mind at all. That's why i made it, to help others out.

I'd be all for helping out with the wiki and adding stuff to it as I come across it. More I can do to help, I will.
Smile 
I really like this app, great work! Everything works perfect except one thing. When i move the phone around it jumps back and forth in the movie? Like when you move the trackball (im using a HTC Magic) I don't know if it's the accelerometer or the trackball that activates this? Maybe the trackball is very sensitive, if that's the case an option to disable the trackball would be very nice. Please contact me if you need help with testing.

Thank you.
Is it hopping back and forth to the -nearly- same points in the movie?
Big Grin 
Just stumbled across this and I am simply amazed by this application. It blows every other xbmc remote app out of the water. Big Grin

One issue and one question.

Issue:
I browse my movies, select one, hit play, and it plays just fine. However, if I then click the next >| button the movie stops and the app shows a blank cover.

Question:
Is there a way I can copy over the movie posts and such via usb? Having over 900 movies means this process is painfully slow. I looked at the directory structure on the sdcard, but it didn't seem to line up with xbmc's. :/
Strange problem.. I have a HTC Magic can confirm this in remote mode but not in Now playing, but I need to shake my phone quite good before anything happens. When moving the trackball horizontal it seems to be much more sensitive in the Remote than Now Playing. So maybe that is the problem, if it is a problem Smile
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
@piousminion: Configurable trackball support is imaginable. Please post a ticket on the issue tracker so it doesn't get lost in here.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
@freezy:
You got me confused with the other guy.
I've not mentioned a trackball. Tongue
Oh sorry, c+psted the wrong nick, shame on me. I know the batch-download for posters still sucks. Will see what I can do.

So, mixbox, can you submit the ticket? Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
not much really happening with this anymore. Where is everybody?
We have some big changes in the api. Introduced some major bugs with those changes and are working on them.
Plus everyone of us is pretty busy atm so there is not much time left to spend on the remote.

But this project hasn't been abbaddoned.
With some luck I'll fix the major bugs this weekend and pop out a new release. Don't hold your breath though.
Looking forward to a new release. Is it correct Android 2.0.1 SDK is required now to compile? I was unable to compile with the 1.6 SDK, like I did before. And if so...does this mean support for Android 1.5/1.6 will be dropped?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
No, 1.6 will do and is target version. Minimal version is 1.5 and will probably stay for a while (at least until the Hero update comes out). We had to target 1.6 in order to get the hires gfx to work (1.5 doesn't support multiple resolutions).
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote for Android12