• 1(current)
XBMC Remote for Android
Thumbs Up 
Hi everyone, here is an alpha version of for anyone to try out.

It's released under GPLv2 so anyone can help!

There are lots left to be done but the general layout and abit of the usage is available but enough chatter as pictures tells more than a thousand words.

http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcremote/

Tried on HTC Dream, HTC Magic and HTC Hero.

For latest version see here.

Feature requests
  • Now playing info throughout the UI, or atleast progress information
  • Additional remoteview with custom Http commands
  • Additional remoteview with advanced httpapi calls
  • Download files from XBMC (perhaps even streaming but it might be far off)
  • Integration with notification bar, (Download and now playing?)
  • Multiple language support
  • Rating support in now playing
  • Last.FM integration in now playing (love/hate buttons)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Did give it a try.
Downloaded with G1 phone but won't install.
Looks like I _had_ to sign it, I'll try to upload a new one and verify this on my phone first (have found the USB cable now Smile )

I got the INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES which I bet you got aswell?

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I get no message, looked in file browser and folder is empty. Strange.
Hmm, yeah indeed. Anyways I have uploaded a new one now which is signed and worked on my HTC Magic.

Btw which android do you have? 1.5?

btw how did you install it ? because you need to use adb install and such?

Tried the signed one and same result.
Have Android 1.5

Didn't use any program. Normally download and installing goes aut.

What is adb install and such ?

Have a .tar.gz ? file in browser and tried to extract it but no result.
Hmm, I'm kindof new to android so It may be an easier way but here I do
In application settings on the phone I allow installation from unknown sources (as I understand anything which isn't from market).
Enable USB debugging (so I can adb install it).

plug in the phone with USB cable.

From Linux I do
Code:
wget http://android-xbmcremote.googlecode.com/files/XBMC%20Remote%20v0.1-signed.tar.gz
tar -xf XBMC\ Remote\ v0.1-signed.tar.gz
adb install XBMC\ Remote.apk

But if you have been able to install apk's without adb perhaps you should try unpacking on your computer and mail the apk to your phone and try that way

adb is btw AndroidDeBugger. so it's a way to communicate, send files and remove files and such. Much like ssh on linux but with debugging aswell.

OK, have it installed now. Did extract with my windows computer and then my phone could installed it.

there was a forced closed but I can launch the application.

Try to test it but Angrycan't acces my wi-fi network.Huh
Waffa Wrote:OK, have it installed now. Did extract with my windows computer and then my phone could installed it.

there was a forced closed but I can launch the application.

Try to test it but Angrycan't acces my wi-fi network.Huh

Is the wifi access android problem or only in this app? I can't understand how the app could change this as it just use the available one.

It's sad you have troubles and I would love if someone else with G1 could try and hopefully get it working.

The Magic I have it works splendid on..

Cheers,
Tobias.

Tried it on my G1 and well, I can start it... Can't really use it though, as I have to run xbmc on a port other than 8080.
Topfs2 Wrote:Is the wifi access android problem or only in this app? I can't understand how the app could change this as it just use the available one.

It's sad you have troubles and I would love if someone else with G1 could try and hopefully get it working.

The Magic I have it works splendid on..

Cheers,
Tobias.

There is something wrong with my phone, have to go to a service point.

But did get wifi acces for a short moment and tried the your app.
It wasn't working but it could also be my damn phone.

Edit:
Sorry, but your application is the problem.
My home was crashing all the time and couldn't acces wifi.
Did uninstall your app. and everything is like it should be.
mots Wrote:Tried it on my G1 and well, I can start it... Can't really use it though, as I have to run xbmc on a port other than 8080.

Fixed in v0.1.1

IPTongueORT incase you need other than 80.

New version I can install without using my pc and does install without a forced closed.

And it works !!!

Remote - works but do miss buttons like prev./back
Music - see my files and will play.
Videos - see my files and will play.
Pictures - see my files but can't play the pictures.
Now Playing - When music plays can only pause and play and there is no info.

It's a good start, with the other remote app. for android I can't see my files with yours I can fantastic.

It would be awesome to see my library. You know...

Btw for android there is a application called "Gmote" you might take a look at it and borrow some stuff.Big Grin
Yay, it works Big Grin
I would recommend fixing landscape mode on the g1 though (When you slide the keyboard open, the buttons don't rearrange => the textfield is off-screen)

I might take a look at the code and hack a few things in if you don't mind...
Waffa Wrote:New version I can install without using my pc and does install without a forced closed.

And it works !!!
Wonderfull, I'll probably keep downloads with just the APK and revision then. Should be GPL compliant afaik.

Waffa Wrote:Remote - works but do miss buttons like prev./back

Next release will probably contain a big refactor of that entire view, will for sure bring in media control amongst other thing!

Waffa Wrote:Pictures - see my files but can't play the pictures.
I never tried pictures, just threw it in there quick, will take a look at it asap

Waffa Wrote:Now Playing - When music plays can only pause and play and there is no info.
Yup, will fix in next version. Current version they are mostly there to show how it will look Smile

Waffa Wrote:It's a good start, with the other remote app. for android I can't see my files with yours I can fantastic.

It would be awesome to see my library. You know...
Music library should be working in the httpApi I made, so it will hopefully be in next release, thumbs might not make it though

Waffa Wrote:Btw for android there is a application called "Gmote" you might take a look at it and borrow some stuff.Big Grin
Can't seem to find the sourcecode for it but those lists with icons is something I plan on having atleast. Just need to understand how to make em Smile

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote for Android12