• 3(current)
XBMC Remote for Android
Also is it hard to get wiffi connection when xbmc remote is installed.
Waffa Wrote:Also is it hard to get wiffi connection when xbmc remote is installed.

Can you rephrase that? is it a question or a bug report?
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
When xbmc remote is installed my phone can't make a wifi connection.
I really can't believe an application can hinder that, anyways I'll check through the code for anything suspicious. I must be missing something since you all get bad force close.

I will be on vacation the next few weeks so development will be slow, I will try to get out a new compile with Android 1.5 as baselibs and see If that Is the culprit.

Cheers,
Tobias

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Have a nice holiday.
v0.1.2 is in download. I have bumped to android 1.5 and moved some of the creation and saving of the IP and such so hopefully it should be more stable now.
Also done some minor performance tweaks.

EDIT! Use this instead http://android-xbmcremote.googlecode.com...signed.apk I noticed I had a rediciosly big icon

Please both do clean data and uninstall before installing this.

This one installs for me from internet so I hope to hear that it does this for you guys aswell!
EDIT: the smaller icon seems to remove my acore force close.

Cheers,
Tobias.

Confirmed, the move to 1.5 SDK has fixed all the force close issues I was having with earlier builds.
Doesn't seem to be able to talk to my XBMC install though, but I guess it's because I have a username and password set on the webserver.
Will have to wait until my fiance has finished watching her film before I can mess around with it any more Smile

Good work so far!
Works great !!
I'm running a modified G1 with Cyanogens 3.65 rom which uses the 1.5ADP framework and it works perfectly. I really like how you can view all the contents of the drive on your phone then click on it to run.

My 3year old wanted to watch something yesterday and I was out of the room. Fired up wifi, fired up the app and started something without even seeing the TV. It was awesome.

Requests that I can live without, but figured if your interested?
Pause button
Stop button
Now playing for Videos
Off button
Glad you all liked it and that we finally got rid of most force closes.

kizer Wrote:Requests that I can live without, but figured if your interested?
Pause button
Stop button
Now playing for Videos
Off button

Yeah all of these will definatly be added.

Next I will focus on making the remote working alot simpler by hopefully adding eventclient support which will propably make it ten times more responsive while in remote.

Next on the agenda after that is to take a big look at Now playing and make it work Smile and to make landscape modes work as they should.

After that I hope to get covers and such beauty into the thing.

Hopefully I'll get some more time to take a look at it during next week.

Cheers,
Tobias.

I so want to use this, but I can't seem to get it to work.
I'm using a Magic with Cyanogen 3.9.7 ROM. I have web and event server enabled (but event server is not relevant in this case right?), no passwords, yet it doesn't do anything at all.
The XBMC I want to use it on is on my htpc on my local network and I can reach XBMC's web interface of that machine using my phone's browser just fine.

I tried the following in the input field:
192.168.1.102:80
192.168.1.102:8080
192.168.1.102:9777
and more.. Big Grin

Any clue on what I can try?
oddly enough my machines ip is the same as yours and all I used was

I clicked the video button and it connected.

As for the port numbers I can't remember what this app checks, but I did play around a little in my windows verison with either port 80 or 8080 until it worked.

What stumped me in the end was funny as heck. I kept trying and nothing connected until I shutdown xbmc and found a little XP message saying "Do you want to allow this XBMC connection"

I said yes, fired up XBMC again and tried the remote and it worked fine. It was really easy on the xbox because I just tried the ip 192.168.1.90 and it connected and simply worked.
Yeah I checked for firewall issues and such but that wasn't it either. After all it's just regular port 80.
I tried it on my main PC as well, didn't succeed there either. Guess I'm just out of luck Sad
I'll try and take a look at my setup tonight and see if I notice anything weird and give you some more assistance from there.

Worst case send me a PM to remind me If you dont' see something up in the next day or so.

My XMBC install on my PC is pretty generic, but I'll give it a looksee this evening.
Downloading / installing with G1 phone.
Run xbmc remote, fill in ip adress and it works right away for me (xbox and windows XP).

I use default webserver port 80.

Btw used it a lot this weekend.
drinking beer in garden with friends, talk about music and start the music with my phone Cool
Friends faces ShockedEekBig Grin
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote for Android12