• 7(current)
XBMC Remote for Android
I'm trying to figure out how to run the project from eclipse right now (is that possible?), and reading like crazy on APIs and all sorts of exotic things...
I'd love to contribute, whether now or later. It will be excellent prepping for my own android app.
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
I could start helping by providing translation (french)
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
bidossessi Wrote:I'm trying to figure out how to run the project from eclipse right now (is that possible?), and reading like crazy on APIs and all sorts of exotic things...
I'd love to contribute, whether now or later. It will be excellent prepping for my own android app.

Not sure how freezy did it but I just installed subclipse and imported via svn plugin. Then it should work (given that you have successfully installed android SDK).

Translation is always good aswell!
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hey guys,

Video library will probably come one day but for now it's going to be mainly about using your phone as a remote control. Which makes most sense for music since for video you'll have to turn on your telly anyway.

About the IDE you'll obviously have to install eclipse with the ADT plugin plus the SDK. Then you import new project and point to the dir from svn. Subclipse is optional.

Before everyone comes up with translation suggestions, I'd say better wait until we actually have multi language support. Smile

Greets from the train (typing from the hero is kinda cool)

Freezy.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Hm, I just installed .15 and now it force closes as soon as I press "Remote"... Worked fine with .13
I have a G1 with cyanogenmod btw
Topfs2 Wrote:Not sure how freezy did it but I just installed subclipse and imported via svn plugin. Then it should work (given that you have successfully installed android SDK).

Translation is always good aswell!

Hi Topfs2,
i've installed the software successfully, but i'm not able to configure it.
Can you explain to me the connection steps? I've inserted ip address of my XBMC server, but it don't start!

Thanks

Regards
freezy Wrote:Hey guys,

Video library will probably come one day but for now it's going to be mainly about using your phone as a remote control. Which makes most sense for music since for video you'll have to turn on your telly anyway.

About the IDE you'll obviously have to install eclipse with the ADT plugin plus the SDK. Then you import new project and point to the dir from svn. Subclipse is optional.

Before everyone comes up with translation suggestions, I'd say better wait until we actually have multi language support. Smile

Greets from the train (typing from the hero is kinda cool)

Freezy.

will do.
i'll keep poking around the code to try and understand how it all works.
just let me know when you're ready for a translation Smile
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
@mitsus: if you've enabled xbmc's webserver that should be it...

btw I've updated to cyanogenmod 4.0.4 but my problem persists... Could it be that it's because I run my webserver on a nonstandard port and enter xbmc's IP using IPTongueort notatation? (I know that this part of the remote uses eventclient, but maybe it takes the value of the textfield and appends a :EventserverPort, which would make it IPTongueort:Eventserverport in my case => borkage. I didn't take a look at the source though, so this is just wild speculation Tongue)
mots Wrote:@mitsus: if you've enabled xbmc's webserver that should be it...

btw I've updated to cyanogenmod 4.0.4 but my problem persists... Could it be that it's because I run my webserver on a nonstandard port and enter xbmc's IP using IPTongueort notatation? (I know that this part of the remote uses eventclient, but maybe it takes the value of the textfield and appends a :EventserverPort, which would make it IPTongueort:Eventserverport in my case => borkage. I didn't take a look at the source though, so this is just wild speculation Tongue)

@mots: Thx for your answer. Now it work. I use: IP:WebServerPort:EventServerPort.

But "Remote"...don't work for me. And you?

Best Regards
mitsus Wrote:@mots: Thx for your answer. Now it work. I use: IP:WebServerPort:EventServerPort.

But "Remote"...don't work for me. And you?

Best Regards
I'm having the same issue, running cyanogenmod 4.0.4 but the remote button gives me a force close, otherwise loving it.
Port is only setable for webserver the event server is hardcoded at 9777. So ip:port:port will for sure bork the program as its not standard uri. Plan os to have a better server setup with ports and logincredentials

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hey, not to sounds pushy, but any update on this? I love the app running 1.4 to use, but I need the remote for the Hero Thanks Smile
Sorry, but I never meant to say I used IPTongueortTongueort, i just thought that the program might read the IP from my input and then append a port. As my input already is IPTongueort, this would result in IPTongueortTongueort, which is, as you already stated not standard uri and might result in the Remote crashing...

This might be utter nonsense, but as I said, I haven't even taken a look at the programs source...
danceresort Wrote:Hey, not to sounds pushy, but any update on this? I love the app running 1.4 to use, but I need the remote for the Hero Thanks Smile

Update on what? Check the SVN, there are updates all the time...
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Totally a noob in this.Blush
Is this the right place and how to download. (See no files, I have an account)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcremote4andr/files/
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote for Android12