Help needed with development of new scraper for filmdelta.se (Swedish Movie Scraper)?
vdrfan Wrote:Uhm, whats the current problem with the scraper? The modified version i've attached to the ticket (see above) is working fine for me.

Well, currently I guess everything that I've implemented is working. I haven't included all possible info from filmdelta though. And the thumbs are way to low resolution, I guess I could fetch them from another place (imdb?) instead, right?

Nicezia Wrote:The nature of web-scraping Tongue
the page is always bound to change Wink

Yep. I've established a communication with the folks behind filmdelta though, my hope is that they could put up something for me that is not as bound to change. Not sure if it's going to happen though...

/Daniel
spiff Wrote:it happens if you do a manual lookup using 'movie information' from context

Ah. Thanks there mate. I've always wondered Big Grin

/Daniel
vdrfan Wrote:Uhm, whats the current problem with the scraper? The modified version i've attached to the ticket (see above) is working fine for me.

Darn. Just realized that you actually changed stuff in the xml in the ticket. Thought you just posted my xml right up. Means that I've been working in parallell with you. Eek

I'll incorporate my changes into your xml and post again...

/Daniel
doh! thanks for not ignoring me Smile
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
not to be thread jacking, but since there's some attention here, what's the accepted indentation on the XML (how many spaces generally do you use per indentation - so i can get the scraper editor outputting to that standard)
ScraperXML Open Source Web Scraper Library compatible with XBMC XML Scrapers

I Suck, and if you act now by sending only $19.95 and a self addressed stamped envelop, so can you!

Nicezia Wrote:not to be thread jacking, but since there's some attention here, what's the accepted indentation on the XML (so i can get the scraper editor outputting to that standard)

Yes, I noticed your editor outputting quite ugly intendented code Big Grin

I think the nicest intendention is the one outputted by a "xmllint --format". But that's only my five pence Wink

/Daniel

(And as for hijacking my thread. You will be punished.)
vdrfan Wrote:doh! thanks for not ignoring me Smile

I'm thoroughly sorry. In reality I'm a nice guy Big Grin

/Daniel
Wink

about the indentation stuff.. I don't like the xmllint output that much as it's really hard to read.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok. This is now the result of my and vdrfans joint efforts:

http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/6...mdelta.xml

Big question now to vdrfan is: Do you fix fetching of thumbs from tmdb (since you've fixed fetching of fanart anyway) or should I look into it? (I'm assuming here that the thumbs at tmdb is generally more useful than the ones at filmdelta)

/Daniel
Cool. It's up to you Smile I surely can look at this later today if you want me to.
do we have a point of translation like imdb id?
Yeah, imdbid is fetched via google and the original title for fanart atm.
Don't think I'll be able to work any more on this tonight. Made a little fix so that the list returned from GetSearchResult actually contains the year (made it a little hard choosing otherwise). Latest version:

http://pastebin.com/m2126d552

/Daniel
vdrfan Wrote:Cool. It's up to you Smile I surely can look at this later today if you want me to.

Ok, now I tried doing it. But xbmc doesn't want the same thing I do Blush

I've got no experience with custom functions, so that might be the problem. Tried looking at the GetTMDBFanart function and made my own GetTMDBPoster, called the same way as GetTMDBFanart. Doesn't get any poster. Where am I thinking wrong?

/Daniel
hard/impossible to say without seeing what you did

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed with development of new scraper for filmdelta.se (Swedish Movie Scraper)?0