Library confused...
I have several movies about Elizabeth I and they are on 2 seperate NAS-devices.

[HTML]\\MYBOOK2\Public\Shared Videos\ISO\Elizabeth.(1998).iso
\\MYBOOK\PUBLIC\AVI\Elizabeth.I.CD1.avi
\\MYBOOK\PUBLIC\AVI\Elizabeth.I.CD2.avi
\\MYBOOK\PUBLIC\AVI\Elizabeth.the.Golden.Age.avi[/HTML]

I have some more movies about her, but the issue is with these 3 I think.
In file-mode I can see all 3 movies, but in library-mode the one with Helen Mirren disappears.

It seems that the moviestacking is based on the resolved title instead of the raw files. Because the iso is a DVD I can't check if it would play that movie afterwards.

Part of my sources.xml
[HTML] <source>
<name>AVI/ISO/WMV</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://MYBOOK/PUBLIC/AVI/</path>
<path pathversion="1">smb://MYBOOK/PUBLIC/DVD/</path>
<path pathversion="1">smb://MYBOOK/PUBLIC/WMV/</path>
<path pathversion="1">smb://MYBOOK2/Public/Shared Videos/AVI/</path>
<path pathversion="1">smb://MYBOOK2/Public/Shared Videos/ISO/</path>
</source>[/HTML]

Advanced Settings:
[HTML]<moviestacking>
<regexp>[ _.-]+cd[ _.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _.-]+dvd[ _.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _.-]+part[ _.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>()[ _.-]+([0-99]*[abcd]+)(....)$</regexp>
<regexp>()[^ _.-]+([0-99]+)(....)$</regexp>
<regexp>([a-z])([0-99]+)(....)$</regexp>
<regexp>()([ab])(....)$</regexp>
</moviestacking>[/HTML]
The ISO is the one that disappears?

If so, it won't be stacked in any way, so is likely due to it not being scraped for some other reason. Do a debug log while doing a movie info lookup on that movie from file mode.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

No, it was the double AVI and it disappeared at the moment I chose the correct movie. But today I found it didn't disappear but moved to the beginning...

When I have my library sorted on name I have about 10 movies before it starts with "100 feet"....

But I now found the reason why and only noticed it because I switched to "List View". Those files are surrounded by single quotes which make them turn up at the beginning of the list. Those quotes were not visible when I'm viewing them in showcase (filtered). If the "sort" would ignore non-printable characters this could be fixed.... A very minor bug though......

Maybe it's better to change the code that adds it to the library and filter begin and end quotes....

PS À Bout de Souffle also appears at the end of the list...
The sorting is done ascii only, so nothing we can do about that until we switch to using IBM's unicode libraries, which is a very low priority at the moment, as it's a rather large dependency, and may not even function correctly with what we're after. I'm not sure whether or not this would sort quotes prior or after normal text (or within) normal text.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

But can't you filter those begin and end quotes the scraper gets from imdb? Somehow imdb does this with some movies and although it's their fault in the first place, there's nothing wrong to correct it in the scraper script or in the code that adds the name to the library.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465326/
The scraper possibly can, I'm not sure. The problem is that we likely can't assume this in general - I'm sure there's a movie with a title that is supposed to have quotes around the name.

Cheers,
Jonathan

In the part where you (optionally) ignore "The " in the movie title you could also ignore the quotes? The quotes will then still be in place. I know this is all merely cosmetic but that's what xbmc is all about.
It's quite common for sort algorithms to have an option to sort only on alphanumerics. It isn't case-sensitive either... I'm only talking about the sort order.... This for instance are 2 options of the GNU sort in Linux:
Code:
-b, --ignore-leading-blanks
              ignore leading blanks

-d, --dictionary-order
              consider only blanks and alphanumeric characters

I hope I'm not annoying you with this, but I have done a lot of work to write shell scripts on my NAS that change the names of the file (imdb-lookup, cleaning up, converting diacritical characters) and then in the end I still don't have all my files in alphabetical order.

http://pastebin.com/f4880fc61
try using another scraper then imdb for the movie, try tmdb. Imdb adds the quote marks to things that originates from tv.
o_dog Wrote:try using another scraper then imdb for the movie, try tmdb. Imdb adds the quote marks to things that originates from tv.

Well, at least now I know why those quotes are added. I prefer to use IMDB, so that's no option.

Sorting should always ignore special tokens as it's common sense. People expect to find something starting with an "E" among the other things starting with an "E". It's the job of the programmer to put it there. The tools to do this are included in every programming language.
A patch would be welcome. See StringUtils::AlphaNumericCompare() and the functions in SortFileItem.cpp.

Lastly, remember that what may be common sense for English (and for you) is not necessarily common sense for other languages (or for others!) Generalizing the ignoring of sort tokens (also in SortFileItem.cpp I think?) might be a better way to go - French for instance may wish to get rid of l'.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Again... I'm talking about sorting.... not displaying...

French don't want "Á bout de Souffle" behind the "Z". It's an "A" with a special token. Just because it has a different ASCII-value it will appear at the end.

It's not, like you say, considering the international community but ignoring it (like it was ignored in the ASCII-table (7-bit)).

BTW I'm not English

Cheers,
Frater

Quote:A patch would be welcome. See StringUtils::AlphaNumericCompare() and the functions in SortFileItem.cpp.
Does this mean a patch will happen?
I don't have this development environment on my system nor do I have the permission to add a patch
Apologies - I was not meaning to imply that you were of English origin Wink

You don't need permission to do up a patch. Anyone can take our code and add to it (or take away from it) and provide those changes to others. Smile

Also, Á does not necessarily sort with A in every language. As an example the last letter in the Danish and Norwegian alphabet is an A derivative - it's equivalent to Aa. If the letter is not available, then "Aa" is used, and it should then be sorted after Z - but only if the word is of Scandinavian origin! Aachen (in Germany) would be sorted with normal alphabetic rules, whereas Aabenraa (in Denmark) would be sorted after Z! Similarly, even the usual A-Z characters do not sort the same way in every language.

This is my whole point: Sorting items is a non-trivial thing to do 100% correctly. Thus, anything that is done must be well thought through. Using something like ICU to handle all of this is something we'd like to do eventually.

The ignoring of quotations, which this thread is primarily about, is IMO something that can be added into the existing ignoring of articles, but will require some modification to that system (which currently requires a separator character between the article and next word). A patch for this would be most welcome (i.e. will be seriously considered for inclusion in SVN).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Cate Blanchett will be pleased she can stand next to Helen again.....Nod
jmarshall Wrote:The ignoring of quotations, which this thread is primarily about, is IMO something that can be added into the existing ignoring of articles, but will require some modification to that system (which currently requires a separator character between the article and next word). A patch for this would be most welcome (i.e. will be seriously considered for inclusion in SVN).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Should I add a ticket to TRAC or has this been done already.
I don't mind waiting, but it seems nothing's being done with it....

I've been rebuilding my library so this means I have to change all the titles of those mini-series to get them in the right order.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library confused...0