Android Stuck on boot screen
(2019-07-10, 12:48)E net Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 06:51)SteveSmith Wrote: there is also a directory in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data that you would probably need to remove as well

Nope. That's for Windows not Android. 
Incorrect..
I had the \ around the wrong way.. but I have Android as well
/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data
(2019-07-10, 13:19)SteveSmith Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 12:48)E net Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 06:51)SteveSmith Wrote: there is also a directory in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data that you would probably need to remove as well

Nope. That's for Windows not Android. 
Incorrect..

That is the correct location which is what I already gave him. The other location is only for Microsoft windows. AppData is a hidden directory effectively equivalent to. Kodi which is a Linux hidden directory.
(2019-07-10, 13:22)E net Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 13:19)SteveSmith Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 12:48)E net Wrote: Nope. That's for Windows not Android. 
Incorrect..

That is the correct location which is what I already gave him. The other location is only for Microsoft windows. AppData is a hidden directory effectively equivalent to. Kodi which is a Linux hidden directory. 
There are 2 locations in Android as well.. I suggest you go back and take a look...
you gave him where the application is installed..
.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq8

and I gave him the 2nd location
(2019-07-10, 13:29)SteveSmith Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 13:22)E net Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 13:19)SteveSmith Wrote: Incorrect..

There are 2 locations in Android as well.. I suggest you go back and take a look...
you gave him where the application is installed..
.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq8

and I gave him the 2nd location
That's fine, I forgot about that one so no problem Smile I was just talking about the Windows directory you gave him initially. It's kind of moot now anyway as I think he has reinstalled Kodi.
(2019-07-08, 20:09)lennie paz Wrote: I just tried installing MQ 8 on my Nvidia Shield, and it's stuck on the boot screen, and says "Do not press any key. Wait for the process to finish". The percentage bar has never moved, and it's been on that screen for at least 5 minutes.

Reboot the Nvidia Shield and try again. Simple Logic people.
(2019-07-11, 17:36)MapleFlakes Wrote:
(2019-07-08, 20:09)lennie paz Wrote: I just tried installing MQ 8 on my Nvidia Shield, and it's stuck on the boot screen, and says "Do not press any key. Wait for the process to finish". The percentage bar has never moved, and it's been on that screen for at least 5 minutes.

Reboot the Nvidia Shield and try again. Simple Logic people. 
Remove the folder .kodi/.../skin.aeonmq8 worked perfectly for me in my kodi leia 18.3. Thanks!
Had a similar issue on Windows 8.1, Kodi 18.3 where Kodi was stuck at the Aeon MQ installation screen and the percentage installed never straying for 0%. 

For anyone experiencing similar, I just searched the C drive for aeon and deleted all the files - yes, a bit brute force, but attempts to just remove the skin from the user data folder didn't work. 

I was then able to open Kodi which reverted back to the skin I had prior trying to install the Aeon MQ skin.

I should make it clear I had resigned myself to having to reinstall Kodi and expected I'd have to clear user data, so this was a final gasp to avoid having to do that.  I also only deleted the aeon files found in the search - as I had no other themes installed, I didn't even have to worry about breaking another aeon theme Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck on boot screen0